add class to row-fluid div

It depends.... How many elements are there, what elements are they? I assume this is for for form entry.

It will probably be a couple of lines in a custom template but the above answers and a screenshot would make it easier to explain.

They are basic elements - yes/no buttons, checkboxes, fields and textareas. Would grouping work better? Can I have an admin only group?

Otherwise in the <div class="row-fluid"> I'd like to have it read <div class="row-fluid mgrfield"> then mgrfield would add the bg color via stylesheet. I wouldn't go to the extent of a custom template right now although in the future possibly.

Well a custom template isn't too hard, you don't have to write anything from scratch. You basically make a duplicate of an existing template and make any tweaks you need to do.

I had to make a simliar change the other day as I'm using a Bootstrap3 template and Fabrik is hardcoded to Bootstrap2 in some places. row-fluid is just row now on BS3 so I had to replace them and used a couple of lines of code to do so.

You could put your admin elements into seperate groups and mark them as read only.

First of all though, is it actually necessary for you to display the admin elements? Are you highlighting them to prevent input or is there a requirement to show them?

I'm highlighting them to remind the admins they are hidden to the public. Can I have an admin only group of elements?

I guess my main concern is additional maintenance when upgrading from git or even full releases, how often will I have to redo my custom template?

You mentioned bootstrap 2/3....when will fabrik support 3 as my new template is being written to 3's specs.

I spoke to Rob about Boostrap 3 today, he said Fabrik will update to Bootstrap 3 when Joomla does. Joomla is still at Bootstrap 2 although many templates \ frameworks are now using the latest.

I am using the T3 Framework on one site and they have a legacy switch which allows for Bootstrap 2 and 3 classes.

Git updates won't overwrite a custom template as you will be renaming it to something different. i.e if you copy the bootstrap template and call it Bootstrap-custom it will never get overwritten.

If the elements are grouped then you could just apply some CSS to that group, maybe switch the background colour. You could also change the groupname to Admin Only Section or something like that.

Adding an additional class to each admin element will need some coding unless you just do it via CSS.

Group might work fine, I guess I didn't ask the right question! Will an 'admin only' group be hidden if no elements are available? Can I control permissions to that group?

Sorry for the late reply, just catching up on my my unanswered posts. ;)

Yes you can control the permissions on element or group level. Inside each element you can set the permission, if the user doesn't have permissions the element won't show. Have a look at the Access group options inside each group as well.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back