Search results

1. rrwilson

How do I get the element name in PHP?

Yup, I had done that too with several vars :( I know that I must be missing something that is stupidly obvious... :confused:
  2. rrwilson

hi there :), thanks, but that's not it for me.... I had already been there, but i couldn't find what i need. it doesn't refer to accessing the current element name: it only refers to label and data, not name the examples also depend on specifying the table and element name, which is ironic...
  3. rrwilson

have copied to a custom template override
  4. rrwilson

i am trying in fabrik-element-thumbs-list.php and fabrik-element-thumbs-form.php
  5. rrwilson

I see other things, but this seems so obvious am obviously not searching for the correct terms when I am searching the forum with google :(
  6. rrwilson

Hello all I am customising an element's layout in the list and form files, and I am wondering how I can access the element name in PHP (I am meaning the unique element name , rather than the label) Many thanks :)
  7. rrwilson

Form Javascript driving me mad :(

I'm already up against it timewise to get this bit done, so it's fine without the extra table and just hardcoded like my abortive approach. The ammo is already all there in the db in terms of categories and attributes. Just two hardcoded examples would be good, let's say: - If category label...
  8. rrwilson

YAFT indeed ;) Sounds great. Yes, you just saw a flaw in that code I posted. It should have been the raw id value for the attribute. The code was faulty enough that I didn't get to the point of noticing my mental hiccup.
  9. rrwilson

Just reread this. I meant the example of the category Hugh resulting in addition of a mapped attribure to the attribute grits, but without a value being set.
  10. rrwilson

Nope they don't need to exist. They are just examples. And no need to add programmatically. You can add category Hugh and attribute grits if you like, and whenever an SKU record has its category set to Hugh an attribute of grits without a value will be created. It's the code logic that counts...
  11. rrwilson

Ahaaaa....I got you. Yup, those are just examples. You can just use add attributes a and b to the mapping table if category = x. with an 'else' to add just d attribute if category = y for example. The actual values of the attribute are the endusers choice :) Makes sense? (Good analogy re...
  12. rrwilson

Hi there, I have inserted an SKU at /manager/skus/form/20/2092 along with its associated category and attributes. But now you will see how it ties together from the Fabrik frontend. At the Mysql level there are foreign keys setup that tie it together, which is reflected in the working (and...
  13. rrwilson

Hi there, completely true - I didn't think of that. It's a fresh spun VM and was easier with just the DB schema structures. Any values will do actually, as long as they reference the correct tables. Call them anything you like, preferably something amusing :)
  14. rrwilson

No worries. Cheers for now, RW
  15. rrwilson

Onchange element JS not disabling or 'readonlying' data elements

Thanks Hugh, I think that's one for the morning... late here and head fried.. :|
  16. rrwilson

List Advanced Search on dropdown type fields

Yeah, the 'easy' things never are.... :) usually a mass to unpick of crosscutting correct logic. And that's just everyday life :D
  17. rrwilson

Great stuff - just done it now! Glad to see you back - I hope all is well, RW
  18. rrwilson

Or wording it differently, there is no difference between equals and contains in the current set up. Again, not a biggie, but a nice tweak if possible while in the guts for the next release
  19. rrwilson

Hi there, LoL I know what you mean. But I was meaning on the filtering of a list where it is a dropdown: The dropdown element itself should be fixed without any freetext per se, I completely agree. When advanced list searching, locking down the "equals" condition to values those dropdown...
  20. rrwilson

Hi there, I had noticed some time ago, but completely forgot about it - when you want to use the advanced search field and filter on an element that is a dropdown, e.g. databasejoin, you cannot enter a freetext value. You have to select a fixed value, as in what is shown in the form. This...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back