• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Search results

1. ontarget

Prefilter a list based on 2 tables

I have 2 tables Profile table (aaa_my_profile) which records "userid" and the row "id" Uploads table (aaa_file_uploads) which records the profile table id as a FK ("tfrs_app_id") and the user ID ("fu_userid" ) I need to prefilter all records that exist in the profile table that don't exist in...
  2. ontarget

Help with CCDD element and DBJ element

I have the following list of items I have created a DBJ element to Select Dept Fullname from Products List I then need a CCDD element to Select Group Fullname from Products List based on value of Dept Fullname Eventually I wish to be able to select a product based on the values in the CCDD...
  3. ontarget

POS to make.com to Fabrik

Hi, I'm trying to work out what would be required in order to get this working: 1. A user will scan a barcode on a Point of Sale System (POS) in a shop. 2. This barcode id number will go to Make.com (which acts as an exchange), from make.com it will be rendered as json and this should query my...
  4. ontarget

Hide element if not selected in pdf Details view

Hi, Using F4 Zeta How can I hide a dropdown element from the pdf view if it's not being selected by the user or has a value of 0? Would I edit /components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/bootstrap/default.php with something like: $group_name = $this->groups['myList']; $elements =...
  5. ontarget

Suggestion - Make calc element coding area draggable

Hi in F3 you could drag open the calc element > More > Calculation text area in order to better see the code that has been entered. Any chance of re-implementing this feature in future releases of Fabrik 4? Thanks and a Very Merry Christmas to you all from Ireland!:)
  6. ontarget

Duplicate records in List but not in DB Table

Hi I have a strange issue whereby when a user edits a list entry record the record duplicates itself in the list (although the record is still unique in the DB table) Using J4.33 and F4 Epsilon. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? I will keep investigating but I'm a bit flummoxed!! thanks
  7. ontarget

PHP list plugin - multiselect leads to sql error

Hi I have the following php list plugin code called "Mark Paid" When selected it sends an email out and changes paid == 1. It works for individual rows (no errors - paid becomes 1 and email is sent) but not for multiselect rows > DD option at top of list > Mark paid. The error i get on...
  8. ontarget

How to get form data into function in Custom.php

Hi I am trying to get form data into /libraries/fabrik/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Custom.php I have tried various methods from https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/php-form-plugin/ public static function doMyThing() { $hello =...
  9. ontarget

Timestamp element update on Edit = no

Hi using F4 Epsilon and J!4.3.4 I setup a Timestamp element as i wish to use it as a unique id in a list record. I dont want the timestamp to change on edit. I set this to "No" but the timestamp is still updating on edit. The Yes / No toggle on the element doesn't seem to have any affect. Is...
  10. ontarget

Fabrik4 Epsilon - location of form_1.js file

Hi, I upgraded a joomla3 site to joomla4 / Fabrik4 In Joomla3 I had the following: /components/com_fabrik/js/form_1.js I noticed in Joomla 4 the js directory was missing. Is there another location for loading js code in Fabrik 4? Thanks
  11. ontarget

Database Error Update Structure J!4.3.4, F4 Epsilon

Hi I upgraded a j3 site with F3.10 to j4.3.4 and F4 epsilon Everything functions ok it seems but there is a warning in Joomla > System > Database You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near...
  12. ontarget

Databasejoin element not populating with WHERE clause

Hi I have a dbjoin element rendering as a dropdown which is working perfectly in J3 / F3 but identical settings in F4 Epsilon and J!4.3.3, php8.1 render only the "Please select". Here is the where clause: WHERE {thistable}.id IN ( SELECT `parent_id` FROM `course_categories_repeat_adminbase`...
  13. ontarget

SOLVED: Databasejoin element issues with ajax - Apply where when

J!4.3.2 F4 Delta Hi I have a DBJ element (Render as Dropdown) with a Data - Where statement: WHERE {thistable}.`id` IN (SELECT `user_teams` FROM `adtldlddd_registration_repeat_user_teams` WHERE `parent_id` = '{adtldldd_claim___userid_raw}') Apply where to = Public Apply where when = Both AJAX...
  14. ontarget

multi Language version of Fabrik form

Hi any ideas how we can achieve a multi-language version of a Fabrik form without having to duplicate it or use Google Translate? Essentially I need to have the form labels translated so a user can switch language - the form entry fields stay the same but the labels switch language. Thanks
  15. ontarget

pdf output Joomla 3.10.11 php8.1

Hi I upgraded this joomla 3 project to run on php8.1 and fabrik 3.10, when i go to output to pdf from list view I get the following error - SEE BELOW I tried disabling all my calc elements which are loading in the pdf (and have been cast correctly) but the error remains leading to me to...
  16. ontarget

Error after upgrading to Fabrik4 Gamma3

Hi Just updated Fabrik from beta to Gamma3 and Joomla 4.3.0 When I go to Edit a list entry I get the following error: 0 Call to undefined method FabrikEvalClass_06ac53c3af3eead0273b64cd58614147::getFormModel() (I have fixed the 42>43 Directory issue) I tried unpublishing all form plugins and...
  17. ontarget

Date validation issue Gamma3 Joomla 4.3.0

I had the following working in Fabrik 4 Beta / Joomla 4.2.7 jDate field using Format d-m-Y isGreaterOrLessThan validation check with > check on Calc Element = DateCalcCommence The DateCalcCommence Calc element has the following php $date = strtotime('01-09-2021'); return date('d-m-Y',$date)...
  18. ontarget

PHP validation return false if Email in field value

Hi I am trying to validate a field to prevent people from putting their email address in it. I tried a php validation in both the condition and PHP Code fields: if (!filter_var($data, FILTER_VALIDATE_EMAIL)) { return false; } In the PHP Code the rule is seemingly ignored and the form just...
  19. ontarget

Joomla / Fabrik not taking on the db collation by default

Hi I have setup a Joomla 4 site which is using Fabrik 4 (not an upgrade from Joomla3). The site is now in a live state with multiple submissions going into the Fabrik database tables. I am having an issue with some users when they submit text they get an error "Incorrect String Value XXXX...
  20. ontarget

Changing collation for Fabrik 4

Hi What collation do you recommend for Fabrik 4 - it seems to be defaulted on latin_swedish Would utf8mb4_general_ci be ok or better to use as this seems to be the norm in other joomla tables. I had an issue with validating a utf8mb4_general_ci generated username in a latin_swedish field element...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back