• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

What i am doing wrong in the decimal / currency type element (POSIBLE BUG)

jmoises

i just cant figure it out, i try many settings in the field element and cant see to show the coma ","
upload_2021-10-19_13-26-24.png

here are my settings
upload_2021-10-19_13-27-42.png

Thanks for any help!

I don't think you can achieve all you want (also referring to your other post here) with the field element out of the box. It's not a "currency element", after all...

A workaround could be to use that field element in the form, but in the list to display a (new) calc element where you can format the field element's value as you like. It only requires to not display the field element in the list, and to not show the calc element in the form.

It works for me in the list view with the same settings, so the output is $2,300.00

Do you have your screenshot from details view? In details view (when element is read-only) it seems that thousand separator and decimal point are not considered at all, regardless whether you have something in "Format string" field or not.

To format the number in details view you could use some jQuery in details_xx.js and in "document ready" function loop through all the "number" fields with "each" function and format them as you like. As this is pure jQuery, you will find lots of examples for that in Stackoverflow.

It works for me in the list view with the same settings, so the output is $2,300.00

Do you have your screenshot from details view? In details view (when element is read-only) it seems that thousand separator and decimal point are not considered at all, regardless whether you have something in "Format string" field or not.

To format the number in details view you could use some jQuery in details_xx.js and in "document ready" function loop through all the "number" fields with "each" function and format them as you like. As this is pure jQuery, you will find lots of examples for that in Stackoverflow.

thanks for reply, in the list show ok.

upload_2021-10-20_10-11-14.png

in edit form looks ok with the coma
upload_2021-10-20_10-12-21.png

in detail view no comas

upload_2021-10-20_10-13-6.png

my first post is a READ ONLY repeat group in a form but is working like the detail

upload_2021-10-20_10-14-56.png

i belive it should show the comma right?

ooo if i remove the read only from the repeat group i get the commas

upload_2021-10-20_10-19-27.png

but i need to be read only is this a bug?

and yes is something i can fix with some jquery, but the settings on the element show be same on readonly or not correct?

I guess you could call it a bug. I cannot see any solution except the one I wrote above without hacking the core code.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back