• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Prefilter not opening

relsig

Hello

I had to totally rebuild one of my pages, because of a strange behavior. In order not to loose the data I used a tool called SP Transfer the data. All this worked just fine. Also for Fabrik, except the following.

When I click the Choose (Auswählen) button on a menu that has Fabrik assigned, it doesn't open.

Old Homepage
prefilter not opening.PNG

New page:
prefilter problem.png

Doing that, there is no way out except hitting the back button of the browser.

I can see the following error message
error message.PNG
I already did some adjustments because of the bootstrap 3 problem. Is this not opening also such a problem?
Do you have an idea how to fix this?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Nope, shouldn't be anything to do with bs3.

The bootstrapVersion function should be in the main fabrik.js ...

media/com_fabrik/js/fabrik.js

Given that the original site works, all I can think is that something didn't get installed correctly in the copy.

-- hugh

Hello Hugh

I tried to reinstall the component as it is on the homepage -> didn't work
Made a github install -> didn't work

Any other ideas? Of course I could deinstall Fabrik and reinstall and check if it is working. Then copy the contents of the database tables or redo everything by hand, which will be quite a task.

Regards

Roger

The prefilter settings are only in the backend and following your screenshot you are using the standard Joomla admin template Isis.
But your screenshot is also showing error403 (=forbidden) for the favicon.
Are you sure you have correct file and folder access settings?
If it can't load the favicon it may also not load the needed js files.

BTW: never deinstall Fabrik, this will drop your complete Fabrik stuff.

Seeing the "Self-XSS" in your screenshot:
Do you have something like Admintools running which may stop file/folder access? Or a .htaccess file?
If yes, try to disable/rename.

Hello

That's true, there is the Akeeba Admin Tool installed. I deleted the .htaccess and turned the whole component off. Entered media/com_fabrik/js/fabrik.js and components/com_fabrik/views/ are on the whitelist. Deleted the browser cache.
Folders are set to 755 and files to 644 might this be a problem?

The favicon problem was solved.

Thanks

Roger

So with Admintools disabled (you have to rename plugins/system/admintools/admintools/main.php to something else, it's not enough to disable the plugin/component) is it still not working?

Does it load fabrik.js? Check in your browser tool, "Sources" in media/com_fabrik/js resp. media/com_fabrik/js/
If you have "Debug JS"=no the files are in media/com_fabrik/js/dist

Hello

Bad luck. Renamed the main.php, removed the .htaccess file. Here is the result
browser.PNG
I could give you access rights, if you were so kind to have a closer look.
Thank you

Hello

I deinstalled Fabrik, deleted the folders and deleted all tables in the database. Did a clean install with Fabrika from the download section. No luck, still not working. Deinstalled Joomlashine Poweradmin2, no luck. Now today deinstalled Akeeba Admin Tool, removed all .htaccess files, no luck, renamed the original Joomla htaccess, no luck. Enabled Maximum Error level within Joomla, since the problems are all in the backend with the ISIS template, there can't be a Joomla Shine template problem. Also tried to change the frontend template to beez3, still the same problem.
There are no error messages from the Joomla error reporting. Enabled Fabrik Debug, and added the &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL ==> no debugging information from Fabrik.

In the browser tool, there are no errors.

It seems that there is a problem with the modal window which is supposed to be opened, when trying to change the prefilters in the menu or anything else that works with a modal. Made sure that the browser is not supressing the modal window. Please see one of the problem spots in the picture below
Unbenannt.jpg

As soon as I click the Elemente "Auswählen" button, the screen turns grey and that's it. No error messages nothing. I have no clue what else I could do. It would be no problem to pay for the support if that helps.

Thanks

Roger

Hello

Was a chrome extension (Kantu), I just deinstalled the extension and the error message has gone. Now it is the same in Chrome and Firefox. No error messages at all.

Also in the backend your templates/components are active. As I said there are a lot of system plugins running.

upload_2019-12-15_12-11-28.png

Obviously standard CSS classes and JS are overridden which crashes Fabrik resp. Fabrik is loading the prefilter modal but this 3rd-party stuff is setting modal to display:none; width:0; etc

upload_2019-12-15_12-11-46.png

If you can't disable these plugins/components in the backend at least for Fabrik pages I don't see how it should work.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back