• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

showing a visualization in an article.

Racmitch

I can't seem to find an answer for this in the wiki, tutorials or forum, and I looked....lol ...if you use
{fabrik view=form id=1} to see a form in an article and {fabrik view=list id=1} to see a list in an article, what syntax do you use to see a chart made in "visualizations" in an article?

I have been using Fabrik for over 4 years now, but never used the visualizations, and now I need them. Is there some instruction as to how to configure them? The 1 video in the wiki is very old (2009) and one dont work. I figured some things out, like adding a data section for each cell you want plotted, but looking to add more, especially a "print" button.

Both of our chart viz's are deprecated. We had replaced the original Google chart one with a FusionChart viz, but then FusionChart ceased publishing their "community" version of the product a few years later. It still works if you can get hold of the FusionCharts free version (it's available if you look hard), but it only produces Flash based charts, which are obviously no use on mobile any more.

On my To Do for this year is a new chart viz, either driving the new Google Javascript API, or providing integration with the Plotalot extension for J!, which drives the Google API.

My advice for the moment would be, don't use either of our chart viz's. Look at using Plotalot, building your own queries.

-- hugh

I saw the warning on the viz when I created a test. plotsalot does build charts based on user input correct? I'm going to look into it this afternoon....thanks for the recomendation.

Hi Hugh... any chance you are still planning integration of Plotalot in Fabrik ?
I use it a lot on my websites because of the facility to build table and graphs with a single query. It works well as hell... but the main problem is that if we use it to display something in Fabrik, it does'nt show up in PDF, probably because it is not rendered but display on the fly as the page show up. If this couple (Fabrik-Ploalot) could work together, it would be a killer app to add to Fabrik. It could replace easily the visualizations plugins getting deprecated in Fabrik. I only use the fullcalendar mainly because of this. All my other graphs and table are done with Plotalot.

Thanks for any update on this project.
rodeokid

Last edited:
How do you include it into Fabrik?
Is it showing up if you enable PDF debug mode?

Yes if i enable PDF debug mode, Plotalot table shows up in PDF... but in browser window instead of downloading PDF, whici i guess is normal to debug... but we need to download some page in PDF here for meeting and/or presentations.
So if Plotalot graphs and tables could show up in PDF, it would awesome. Fabrik and Plotalot could be the greatest couple of apps to build anything you want easily.
The funny part is that if a call a Plotalot element in a group intro or outro with the help of Sourcerer plugin, it shows up beautifully in PDF... but when you call it from a calc element, that's when it stays blank on PDF.
But sometimes i need to make a query before passing variables to plotalot, so i need calc element because of this facility.
I keep hoping !
rodeokid

Last edited:
The problem is that none of the people asking me for Plotalot integration (and there's been about half a dozen this year) are paid subscribers. Yes, it's a feature I'd like to have, but it's impossible to justify spending a week coding it up, to provide it free to Community users. If everybody asking had been a paid sub for the last year, I'd at least have some justification.

Sorry to be blunt, but we gotta pay our bills, which means financially justifying every hour of coding.

I'm also kinda torn between Plotalot integration, and just rewriting the existing stuff for the "new" Google charting API.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back