Recent content by Tigratrus

1. T

OK. It's installed. And now ?

Hi Django! Are you using Fabrik 1.06 or are you using the Fabrik 2.0 beta on J! 1.5? If you're on J! 1.5 you *need* to use Fab 2, Fab 1 isn't 1.5 compatible and won't be. In any case, the documentation is available to subscribers as is the Subscriber Support forum which has higher priority...
  2. T

Cascading Dropdown

Haven't played with it at all, but you said you've installed Joomla 1.5, did you also install the latest SVN of Fabrik 2? Not Fabrik 1? James and Susan
  3. T

2.0b SVN instructions may need improvement

I don't think you can run Fab 1.06 on Joomla! 1.5. IIRC there's a fundamental incompatibility between the framework libraries, that's why Fab 2 was rewritten to use mootools. Pretty sure Rob's mentioned that a few times. 1016 sounds like Fab 1.x? Pretty sure the Fab 2 SVN isn't up nearly...
  4. T

Does Fabrik 1.0.6 work with Joomla 1.5?

Sorry, Fabrik 1.x and J! 1.5 are fundamentally incompatible, they use different js frameworks IIRC, Fabrik 2.0 was rebuilt to use mootools to be compatible with Joomla! 1.5. If you need to use Fabrik in Joomla 1.5 you'll need to change over to Fabrik 2. Just keep in mind that Fabrik 2.x *is*...
  5. T

very frustrated...

Sorry you've had so many problems. First off I can save you at least *some* frustration: Fabrik 1.06 will *NOT* work under Joomla! 1.5. It's flat out incompatible with 1.5 regardless of whether the legacy plugin is active or not, so don't even bother trying to work with Fabrik 1.x if you're on...
  6. T

Fabrik 2.0b 2 issues

SVN vs 2.0b 2 Have you tried the latest SVN? The SVN's are constantly getting updated with bug fixes etc... I've just updated the file in my sig to the latest/greatest as of this morning (SVN 352), I'd give that a try and see if some of those errors don't go away? HTH, James and Susan
  7. T

Using Fabrik for a Real Estate Site

I've got a little experience with JXtended catalog and Joomsuite Content. Jx Catalog would be my next pick after Fabrik, but it's a pretty distant second. From what I've gathered swapping emails with the author (granted he's probably got one of the best handles on J! internals of anyone in the...
  8. T

whats the best solution?

Just a possibility, something that might be worth looking into is Fab 2's packages? We haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet either, other then theorizing, as getting the new version of our site out is taking up pretty much all the time available. My understanding though is that Packages...
  9. T

whats the best solution?

Heya Gavin! I don't have all the answers to your questions as I've been pretty focused in my testing of Fab 2 for a specific project, but I'll give a shot to what I can answer... I'm sure Hugh will blow though with better answers, but maybe this'll save him some typing ;). I will say that Fab...
  10. T

What templates/modules/mambots are know NOT to work with Fabrik?

What about JCE 1.5? JCE is basically Tiny MCE upgraded and with a lot of work that Ryan has put in, which explains why it works (vs other non-Tiny MCE based editors) but have you tested with the latest versions? I'm wondering if that might explain some of the problems I've been having with...
  11. T

What templates/modules/mambots are know NOT to work with Fabrik?

How about wysiwyg editors? IIRC nothing but Tinymce works?
  12. T

Installing

Go to your Joomla! Adminstrator panel. Should be located at joomlaroot/adminstrator so if you have Joomla installed at the root of a site called widgets.com you would go to http://[URL="http://www.widgets.com/administrator"]www.widgets.com/administrator[/URL] then login as a Superadmin user...
  13. T

Fabrik 2.0b Element entry

Good question: I hit the same thing myself... It's because PHP distinguished variable/value names by case (I.E. case sensitive, so to PHP SOlocation and solocation are *not* the same), while the MySQL database engine is *not* case sensitive by default. That can cause a lot of problems, so the...
  14. T

2.0b SVN instructions may need improvement

I think only Rob or maybe Hugh can answer that one, I'm just an eager tester/fan of Fab 2. That said, I have to say that Fabrik 2 has gotten hugely better in the last few weeks and Rob has been grinding out bug fixes at a pretty dang good clip. Best thing to do is to start using it and post...
  15. T

Installing

Ja, Try downloading a copy to your local machine and then using the "Upload Package File" section instead of trying to install from a URL. I ran a test on my end and got the same problem you did ???. Should work fine from a local copy though... James and Susan
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back