Recent content by Bongo1111

1. B

Falang and Fabrik for J3+ Multi Language

yep Falang is probably the better way to go but lets see how it evolves. After the last Joomfish i really doubt that they will soon come up with a new version.
  2. B

Yes you are totally correct to assume this. But I thing that providing multilanguage support isn't too complicated , some very small part is missing and the rest is all ready done. I mean EVERY single part of fabrik can be translated with both components(just simple XML statment) just frontpage...
  3. B

So lets first answer your questions Yes lists and forms and whatever you need works with both components with the correct xml files. Everything is translatable. Have been bashing my head around the fabrik and joomfish and falang files and couldn't find anything. The...
  4. B

I've tested with joomfish (downgraded to j 2.5) still the same result. Everything is translated but frontend lists and forms are MONOlanguage - english only.Arrrrgo_O
  5. B

even if you pay 19buks there is still no support or even forum access. :( I still wonder why falang is not passing the translated stuff to frontpage. My be there is a reference needed to the component for the frontview because in the back no problems.
  6. B

1. Tried to reinstall falang? 3 times cleaning the DB - falang doesn't. 2. Contacted falang support to see if they need to fix something to make it work in 3.1.4? No support for free version and no way to pay for something that is not working or at least documented like other free products...
  7. B

After joomla latest update to 3.1.4 Falang stopped working thus givin'me 500 layout default not found error. I am totally frustrated now, wondering if it is possible to create multilanguage component using..Fabrik. There is no one single quality component for the job by now , so it would be...
  8. B

You can add <field name="params" translate="1" type="textarea">Parameters</field> in the fabrik?elements xml and you can translate the tooltip. Errormsgs as well are supported but what drives me crazy is that no Fabrik translations are shown on frontend. All is in english. in the back and in...
  9. B

Please change in fabrik_elements.xml <field name="label" translate="1" type="titletext">Label</field> to <field name="label" translate="1" type="text">Label</field> Issue is that everything works fine in backend but translations are not shown in frontend. That must be something with Falang...
  10. B

There is another step in order to translate the data entered by the user. You first need to use the same database prefix as for all joomla tables. When you create a new list be sure to set the prefix of the table in the data tab otherwise it will give you a SQL error. Second you will need to...
  11. B

Hope everything works fine now and fabrik is multi language , what my original goal was. Besides - no duplicate lists, forms or content on site. Best Regards! Bobby
  12. B

I have explained twice how to use them. Just install the zip via the Falang installer under content elements menu and in translation you should be able to view fabrik lists, forms etc. next to the language selector. The actual file directory is...
  13. B

They are named differently: <falang type="contentelement"> <joomfish type="contentelement"> so no harm is done if the files got the same names. You put the files in different places. Falang has its own directory and joomfish the same. I don`t know why you would need joomfish as it is not...
  14. B

In fact I had to remove those lines to get the elements to work. If you don`t, it will give you an SQL error. So just use mines and will be ok.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back