View Code not Working in Redirect

Stranger

I have a list embedded into a Joomla! article using simple {fabrik view=list id=1} code which works fine when access level to that article is public. But when I restrict access to a certain user group and use a redirect from the login form to that article, the code shows simply as text (i.e., {fabrik view=list id=1}) not producing the relevant records.

Of course the problem has nothing to do with redirection per se, as I am getting the same result if I remove the redirect option and access said page from the URL bar after logging in. The problem must be related to access level restriction and to logging in.

Any ideas?

Kind regards

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is the "Access" on the Fabrik content plugin. So go to your main J! plugin management page, find the "Content - Fabrik" plugin, edit it, and see what the Access is set to (dropdown on the right).

-- hugh

Thank you Hugh. Access is set to public, which is the way it probably should be since not all my pages utilizing the content plugin are restricted. Anyway, I tried all other access levels and the problem persists. I have never used the Fabrik Joomla User plugin and I don't know much about it yet, but I wonder whether it is possible to use it to validate login credentials instead of the Joomla! login box, and whether that might solve the problem.

Something just occurred to me. I have installed and always been updating Fabrik using Joomla extensions, not Github. And I know that the Joomla update is not as complete as Github's. Is it possible that a certain missing plugin from the Fabrik installation that I have might be causing this to happen (the Joomla login module not interacting with or recognizing Fabrik)?

Regards

Last edited:
Just updated from Github and the problem persists, so that hunch was wrong.

Anyway, nobody seems to have come across a similar problem or has a solution to it, so I thought I would follow a different approach to trying to find an answer.

Has anybody in the community ever tried to protect an article with an embedded Fabrik list by means of restricting that article to a certain user category and requiring Joomla! login to authenticate users? IF so, did it work out for you? And what were the steps you took to achieve that end?

Thank you.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back