use disposable code for register

samani

hi
1-i want get to my users 5000 disposable code before register and them can register if have the code and i want other user can't register in my website.only who has a code can register in my website and each code can use for 1 time.
is it possible with fabrikar? (i get the code to them physically through face to face meeting).
2-can i use some logic in that code? for example 0123456789 ==> 01 means his twon, 23==>age, 45==>his school, 67....and how to generate that? are you suggest use MS EXCEL?
3-and how many user can register in joomla? for example if i have 100000 user, can them register in joomla via fabrik and it's form plugin for register? need to note to something for this heavy number of users?
4-can you suggest me about what database field needed?
5-if i have 3000 unique user in day, fabrik or joomla save their performance or need do other thing for that?
thank you and excuse me for my long post... ;)

1-i want get to my users 5000 disposable code before register and them can register if have the code and i want other user can't register in my website.only who has a code can register in my website and each code can use for 1 time.
is it possible with fabrikar? (i get the code to them physically through face to face meeting).

Yes. We've done this before for clients. It does require some coding, either ...

1) requiring the code to be entered in a separate form, which then does custom validation (looking the code up in a table), before setting a session variable and forwarding to the signup form, and a small custom PHP plugin script on the signup form (running onLoad) to check for that session variable.

... or ...

2) Just having the code as a field on your signup form, and validating it with a PHP validation plugin.

So not something you can do out-of-the-box with Fabrik, but not too difficult with a little custom code.

2-can i use some logic in that code? for example 0123456789 ==> 01 means his twon, 23==>age, 45==>his school, 67....and how to generate that? are you suggest use MS EXCEL?

You need to get the codes in to a table, so whatever is the easiest way for you to do that. You could import from a CSV, or you could generate them with a Fabrik form and a small amount of custom code. Depends whether you need to generate them in bulk all at one time, or individually.

3-and how many user can register in joomla? for example if i have 100000 user, can them register in joomla via fabrik and it's form plugin for register? need to note to something for this heavy number of users?

The number of users isn't a problem. It's just rows in database table. The issue is how many you expect to be active on the site at any one time. And I can't really answer that, as it depends on so many things, like what the usage is - are they just passively loading static pages, or actively submitting content, etc.

4-can you suggest me about what database field needed?

Depends which way you decide to implement it.

5-if i have 3000 unique user in day, fabrik or joomla save their performance or need do other thing for that?
thank you and excuse me for my long post... ;)

Again, it depends what you mean by "unique users in day", ie. how many of those are active at any one time, or whether you just mean signups per day. 3000 spread evenly across a day is only about 2 per minutes, which isn't a problem. But if you have 3000 users all signing up or logging in at once, you would need a fairly robust server to handle it.

-- hugh

1) requiring the code to be entered in a separate form, which then does custom validation (looking the code up in a table), before setting a session variable and forwarding to the signup form, and a small custom PHP plugin script on the signup form (running onLoad) to check for that session variable.
yes i want use this method but i have another topic in standard forum that related to this topic:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/hierarchy-tables-with-fabrik.48135/

in fact i want this: some user in city level(i describe city level in above topic) can create user and i can track who created by who? excuse me for complex topics...
thank you hugh and wait for your reply...

yes i want use this method but i have another topic in standard forum that related to this topic:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/hierarchy-tables-with-fabrik.48135/

in fact i want this: some user in city level(i describe city level in above topic) can create user and i can track who created by who? excuse me for complex topics...
thank you hugh and wait for your reply...

Hi hugh
1-if is it possible , please advise me about this.thank you.not important for signup form or other simple form.I want my user only or my guest can see AND fill the specific form.
2-is it possible to use custom url for each user? my mean : instead of give disposable code to my user, give him a unique url and each url one time can submit data to Fabrik

Last edited:
2 - no, not really. Doing it the 'code' way, it could be SEF;ed URL's, but with the code appended, like /fabrik/form/123/foo___code=xyz123

1 - do you need me to write the custom code for you?

-- hugh

it could be SEF;ed URL's, but with the code appended, like /fabrik/form/123/foo___code=xyz123
can you give me an example? it was in my mind that i need to append to url but, are we have url placeholder in fabrik to get with php plugin and than identify the link?how can i append the code to url?

1 - do you need me to write the custom code for you?
i created a simple calculator already with php not with Joomla+fabrik.i don't know how to implement in fabrik? i use this link 1 year ago to create simple calculator form:https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1381205/easy-login-script-without-database (i attache that) but if you can give me an example code it is better to understand how to do that?but when and where use getdbo or other joomla +fabrik syntax ...

Attachments

• index - Copy.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 23
can you give me an example? it was in my mind that i need to append to url but, are we have url placeholder in fabrik to get with php plugin and than identify the link?how can i append the code to url?

Well the problem is that it isn't something I can just give an example of. It requires several forms set up, to process the codes, and several plugins with custom code to handle issuing and checking the codes. As I said when you started this project, what you are trying to do is very complex, and I can't really write custom code on a subscription basis.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back