URL for a filtered Viz?

rackem

I have a site that manages skill ratings for pool players: http://www.mypoolstats.com/performance-ratings

I use a MySQL View to display the most current rating. If you click on the player's rating, it takes you to their full rating history. What I would like to do is create a line chart of this rating history for users.

All of the player ratings are in one table. Each player can have separate ratings for different games and table sizes. So there is just too much data to just make menu item to a Viz for users to filter manually.

Is there a way to set up a URL to filter a Viz? Then I could just use a calc element in my main list to make a dynamic link to that player's data. If anyone else has done something like this before, I would love to hear any suggestions for ways to do this sort of thing.

Although you may not need this feature, if standard query string filtering does it for you, note that the FusionChart viz also has a "WHERE" clause you can specify, which you can use query string placeholders in. So if you have &foo=123 on your query string, you can include {foo} in "bespoke" WHERE clause, which can allow you to do more complex filtering (like using sub-queries). As well as other non-element placeholders, like {$my->id}, etc.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, I will keep that in mind.

I don't know how many data points are feasible to display for a line chart. So at this point I am wondering if I need to include a "LIMIT 100" into the query. Is that possible in a query string or in the WHERE clause of the FusionChart?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back