Upgrade notifications after Upgrade

JackGoa

Hi guys. I did a couple of site upgrades yesterday and everything went quite smoothly.

There's just one nagging thing on 3 of the sites. Even though I refreshed the cache, the 3 of them still gives me the notification to upgrade and says I am on version 3.4.3 and 3.5 is available.

Yes, I did refresh the cache under 'Manage'. Under 'Manage', it also shows the version number to be 3.5.

Everything seems to be working fine though.

What I have noticed is, on all 3 of them, under 'Manage', the only thing that shows a different version number is, Fabrik Package. On all the sites where I updated and it does not ask me to update, the version number for Fabrik Package shows, 3.4.3, but on the 3 asking me to still update, the version number varies. I get, 3.1, 3.3.2 and 3.3.3.

That's the only thing I can spot that seems different.

I updated manually, and not through the Extensions updater.

package is always showing the version you have installed originally, but it shouldn't t trigger any update message.

gesendet mit Tapatalk

weird. well, I have cleared cache and all the usual suspects, but the notification to upgrade simply won't go away. at least it seems as if everything is working.

I updated manually, and not through the Extensions updater.
Which plugins is the Joomla updater showing?
If you have once done a GitHub update then you've a lot of uninstalled plugins (you can find in "Discover") which have to be updated, too.

All the Fabrik plugins that are installed!

Should I install all the ones that are not discovered too? Have never had to do that in the past?

Should I install all the ones that are not discovered too?
Not sure what you mean.
Plugins can be installed (no matter if enabled or disabled) or they can show up under the "Discover" menu (these are not installed).
You have to update both types but you don't need to install the plugins found in "Discover".

You can update via Joomla "Update" or you can do a GitHub update with all "Post GitHub Update Steps"
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/#post-github-update-steps

Yes! That was it. I never knew I had to go "re"-discover after an update. ONce I did that, all those notifications went away.

Thanks @troester you're a star!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back