update from GIT cause site failure and white screen

p38

Updating from latest git causes the following error.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JForm in /usr/www/users/labourua/neurosa/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/31/form.php on line 29

I then have to manually delete fabrik from the assets and extensions list.

I then re-install F3.1beta and it works again.

This has never happened before, what could be the problem? Is it perhaps teh wrong version in the github updates? I use master_joomla3.zip

Paul

no idea what would have caused that, perhaps not all files got updated the first time round?

I downloaded the latest and updated again, and it exhibited the same problem.

Disabling the fabrik system plugin from the extensions list lets me run the site again.

The standard F3.1beta install works OK, it is a s soon as I update from GIThub.

I use the same process the last 2 years, ie download master file, and use ftp to upleoad and update.

Have you recently installed Kunena?

You may need to manually edit your J! #__extensions table, find the plg_fabrik_system row, and set 'ordering' to -1.

-- hugh

Hi Hugh, I was hoping this would solve, tried it, but same symptoms.

I do have Kunena installed, but it was installed BEFORE I installed fabrik.

If I delete the plg_fabrik_system from the extensions list, at least I can get into the site again front and back end.

If I reload F3.1beta then all works fine with site and fabrik. So it is something between the F3.1beta and the GitHub update that corrupts or cause a problem.

It seems to be in the first few files in the administrator folder, cause about 10secs after I start updating the site fails "white screen of joomla death" :)

Paul

friendly bump

This is a show stopper for me, I need to add additional plugins to my site, and cannot do this.

I dont know what to do get it to update?

I have tried everything.

Paul.

You'll have to catch me on live chat / Skype, and we'll take a look. It may well be a Kunena conflict, but I can't really suggest any fixes without seeing your site ... and I'm not sure which of your sites is having the issue.

-- hugh

hugh, I can confirm that F3.1 github clashes with kunena. When I uninstalled kunena and updated github it all work OK.

When I tried installing kunena again, we got the white screen.

I can confirm that f3,1beta works ok with kunena. It is only the github update that causes the problems. However, without kunena, I can update fully from github

Do you perhaps have an idea where it clashes.

Its the ordering of the system plugins which creates this issue. If fabrik is ordered before Kunena's sytem's plugin things work ok.
I've updated the fabrik code to inform you of this and to stop us loading our form override class. (changes in github). This should avoid the fatal PHP error and allow the user to alter the plugin order.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back