takes long time to display elements: enhancement request

skyrun

i have over 5,000 elements now on my 'skytrax' fabrik app. the problem is that when i logon for the first time and hit 'elements', it takes >30 secs and lots of db cycles to display the initial list of elements which shows all elements (shows just the first 20 on the page, but it still takes 30 secs of spin time to display.

after waiting the first time, i can filter for one list or one form etc and then it runs quickly and it remembers the list/filters, so that works very well. but when I logoff and back on, it builds/displays the whole list the first time.

i'm seeking a solution to that issue, some possibilities:
  • improve the speed of a 4,000 element display somehow if possible (at least when you only display the first 20).
  • display a blank list by default requiring the user to select a filter, or press 'search' to display 'all elements' if that's what someone wants to do.
  • display the first available list by default vs. displaying every element by default if no filter specified.
perhaps there could be AFO for 'default element list' where the user could select 'first list', or 'no elements' or 'all elements' as choices. 'all elements' could be default for compatibility with current functionality.

Theoretically it shouldn't make any difference how many you have, as we should be paginating the select with a LIMIT clause. I work on sites quite regularly that have thousands of elements, not run in to this issue before.

So I'd probably have to get an Akeeba copy of your site, to figure out why it's a problem on your site.

-- hugh

Not something we can do as part of subscription support, we have to charge a fee for setting up a site locally.

I'll get Robbie to quote you.

@mediaateam

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back