[SOLVED] User to edit own User Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkreign

Hello, I've been able to use the JUser plugin and Usergroup elements to create a working registration form, but I'm having trouble adapting to form to allow users to edit their own parameters successfully. When a user edits their own profile and saves, the following error is displayed:

could not alter user group to 0 as you are not assigned to that group

Is there any way a user can edit their user profile?

Just to mention a few points:
- I created a list using the #_Users table and left joined another list called "User_Profiles" which contains extra elements that the user also needs to maintain.
- I'm using a calc element in the #_Users table for the username to use the email as the username.
- I'm using a calc element in the #_Users table to generate the "name" field entry based on "first_name" and "last_name" fields in the "Users Profile".
- The usergroup element is hidden.
- I tried enabling and disabling "Default to current user's groups" in the UserGroup element.
- Default UserGroup is set as "Registered" in JUser plugin.

I'm not sure if your setup:
Fabrik list pointing to #_users
+ calc elements manipulating core Joomla #_users columns
+ jUsers plugin which is synchronizing the Fabrik columns with #_users columns (which are identical in your case)
will do.

At least you need an element storing the usergroups (which is not a column of #_users) of type/plugin usergroup

I recreated my setup, this time making a completely separate list for the User element fields and added my additional fields in the same list. This list is not joined to the Joomla #_User table.

The JUser plugin sync option is enabled and all 7 fields are specified in the plugin.

I have ID and Usergroup elements on this list, at which the JUser plugin "User ID field" and "User group field" are pointed at.

The registration works fine, but I am still getting the same error when a user tries to update their own profile.

ERROR

could not alter user group to 20 as you are not assigned to that group

Is it not possible for a user to update their own profile in a form in which the JUser plugin is enabled, without encountering a usergroup error?

Thanks!
Karim

Ok, seems you are running a recent GitHub version without Joomla error reporting;)
There's some new layout feature issue.
Notice: Undefined property: FabrikLayoutFile::$input in ...\plugins\fabrik_element\usergroup\layouts\fabrik-element-usergroup-form.php on line 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back