[SOLVED] Search functionality

Hi,

So I just installed the 'Search - Fabrik' plugin, I don't have a problem with its basic functionality, it is doing what it's supposed to. However I've noticed that whenever my search results turn up, it says in brackets "(Fabrik/record)" below each search result.

So I've looked into the setting and discovered "Fabrik/record" to be in the 'section heading' field, so I tried to remove it, but whenever I save it, the removed "Fabrik/record" comes back to that field again.

Is this a bug waiting to be fixed?

Basically I'm trying to not show that part in my search results.

Cheers,

Hxpowersmash

Edit the plugin settings.

search_settings.png

That's usually the first place to look when you want to change the settings on a plugin. ;)

-- hugh

Is it possible for make the 'section heading' field blank? Because when I make it blank and then 'save' the plugin, the value "Fabrik/record" keeps coming back.

Try using  

However, that will just get you an empty () under the search result. And that's J!, not us. J! simply expects a label for the search result, to tell the user what that result is and where it is from, and is always going to put that abel in parentheses under the result.

-- hugh

Thanks for your support Hugh, I managed to delve into the backend files to do it, so for anybody else out there, here's how I did it:

Step 1: go to components/com_search/views/search/tmpl/default_results.php

Step 2: comment out line 28:
(<?php echo $this->escape($result->section); ?>)
By changing it to:
<!--(<?php echo $this->escape($result->section); ?>)-->

Step 3 (optional): because your results will now appear to be too bunched up, I suggest you change line 33, which is:
<?php echo $result->text; ?>
To this:
<?php echo $result->text;
echo "<p>" ?>

Good luck to all.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back