• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Solved: Same List 3 Different Menus

ahmedo

I am using 3 different menus to access the same list. Each menu shows different elements from the same list.
The list has a welcome message. However, I want this message to include the name of the menu chosen.

Example
Welcome to Our Products Catalogue
Show Products Cost

The "Show Products Cost" is the name of the menu.

As it is now, I only have the Welcome to Our Products Catalogue as I have not figure out how to add the menu as part of the welcome message.

Is it possible?

Thank you.

In your menu item configuration, you can put Show label to NO for Fabrik option tab, then use Joomla title page option to write whatever you want...this is what i do.
So if you need original title somewhere on your site, it is still available.

In your menu item configuration, you can put Show label to NO for Fabrik option tab, then use Joomla title page option to write whatever you want...this is what i do.
So if you need original title somewhere on your site, it is still available.
Thanks for the reply. I know how to do this as suggested. But I have no control over where I place this menu item. It is always at the top left and styled horribly. What is important is that I want it to be part of my Welcome Message, as I also show the username in the Welcome Message.

Then if you only have those 3 lists different from the rest, you can do a template overide, and then chosse the right template for each menu item. So you copy the bootstrap original template folder, rename a copy called Product costs, then change the file to suit your needs, style and evrerything, then upload it to fabrik list folder, and then choose the right template for this menu item... so 3 template copy that you can style like you want.

I grinned from ear to ear when I read the reply. At the moment, your recommendation is beyond my capabilities. I thought I could do something like this
Welcome {$my->name} to {$menu}.
I will certainly be working towards styling my forms. As it is, they are now shown one field after another. Thank you anyway.

You can create 2 new list pointing to the same database table, so you'ell end up with 3 lists showing exactly the same results... then in list Intro of each list, you can use the editor to style your welcome message like this: Welcome {$my->name} to Product Costs for the Product cost menu item, and point this menu item to this list. You can show it the way you want it.

You can create 2 new list pointing to the same database table, so you'ell end up with 3 lists showing exactly the same results... then in list Intro of each list, you can use the editor to style your welcome message like this: Welcome {$my->name} to Product Costs for the Product cost menu item, and point this menu item to this list. You can show it the way you want it.
Thanks. This may be a silly question, as I did not know you can create a new list pointing to another list. How is that done? I am assuming only the main list that will have the data.

When you create a new list, normally you don't specify the database table because it will be created automatically by Fabrik when you hit save... but you can go in Data section, and choose the database table to use before saving the new list, so Fabrik will see that this table already exist and link this new list to it... so any changes made by list 1 or list 2 will have the same result...

If you have repeat groups includ in your original list, i believe you will have to join them, but i have never tried it. But if it's only a normal list with 1 table, you should achieve it easily.

When you create a new list, normally you don't specify the database table because it will be created automatically by Fabrik when you hit save... but you can go in Data section, and choose the database table to use before saving the new list, so Fabrik will see that this table already exist and link this new list to it... so any changes made by list 1 or list 2 will have the same result...

If you have repeat groups includ in your original list, i believe you will have to join them, but i have never tried it. But if it's only a normal list with 1 table, you should achieve it easily.

Thank you. I will try it. This could be a good option to choose.

As always, backup before trying anything... backup is a second nature for me, they call me M. Backup here... i have backups of my backups...lolll

Probably an easier way would be to use a little custom PHP in the list intro.

Install Sourcerer, from Regular Labs, then in your list intro ...

Code:
{source}
<?php
$activeMenu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu()->getActive();
echo $activeMenu->title;
>?
{/source}

Easiest way to insert that source tag is to use the "Code" button that Sourcerer adds to the editor.

-- hugh

Probably an easier way would be to use a little custom PHP in the list intro.

Install Sourcerer, from Regular Labs, then in your list intro ...

Code:
{source}
<?php
$activeMenu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu()->getActive();
echo $activeMenu->title;
>?
{/source}

Easiest way to insert that source tag is to use the "Code" button that Sourcerer adds to the editor.

-- hugh

Thank you once again. Done and works nicely.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back