[SOLVED] Moved site to a subfolder, now having issues with search & report

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanl

Hi

I am using a custom Fabrik component, which took quite some time to build. I now want to revamp our main website, and created a duplicate site inside a subfolder on our domain, and everything works ok, except two items:
1. When I search for a record in list view, I get zero results;
2. When I try to create a report from a view that was created from the main DB, I get a Error 500.

Can someone please advise as to what I need to look for to fix this?

Thank you in advance.

I assume you did also duplicate the database?
Did you open and resave the Fabrik connection (so Fabrik "knows" about the new database)?

I assume you did also duplicate the database?
Did you open and resave the Fabrik connection (so Fabrik "knows" about the new database)?

Hi Troester

Thank you very much. Your reply solved half of my problem, thank you. I had to open and resave my connection details, to point to the new DB set. That sorted out the 1st issue of searching for a record.

However, the second issue is not solved. Here is the error I get:
screenshot-www.autoarmor-parow.co.za-2018-03-25-21-35-34.png

I appreciate your feedback very much.

Make sure the view does exist in your new DB, maybe you have to create it manually.
I've seen this, too. The copied DB has no views but empty tables with the view names.

Depending how you copied the database, it may well not have copied the views.

I'm pretty sure Akeeba does, though. Not sure if that's what you used.

But easy way to tell, just look at the database with phpMyAdmin and see if they are there.

-- hugh

Troester & Hugh

Thank you.

I can confirm that the DB was copied and that the view does exist in the new DB as you can see below:

screenshot-autoarmor-parow.co.za-2018-03-26-07-57-17.png

I also checked the menu item that opens the view, and it seems ok. However, I keep getting the Error 500.

Can you put your login details for the new site in http://fabrikar.com/you/my-sites

Is it the same ftp details as the one I've been working on?

-- hugh
Hi Hugh

I updated the info. The new site folder is /fitments and the db is *_testing. Same login info will work. So when you do a search in one of the two columns in the main Job Card list it returns no results and if you create a report in the Services Reports view you created, it shows no results and you get a Error 500.

That list (services report) opens OK for me, although it takes a while.

I suspect the problem is the "Count" calculation on one of the elements, as your table (view) is almost 22,000 rows, and doing calculations on that size table is going to take time (and may require manually adding some indexes).

I turned off that Count, and now the list loads in a few seconds, rather than 30 to 60 seconds.

-- hugh

That list (services report) opens OK for me, although it takes a while.

I suspect the problem is the "Count" calculation on one of the elements, as your table (view) is almost 22,000 rows, and doing calculations on that size table is going to take time (and may require manually adding some indexes).

I turned off that Count, and now the list loads in a few seconds, rather than 30 to 60 seconds.

-- hugh
Hello Hugh

Thank you for looking at it. However, on my side the list opens ok, no problem. But when you create a report using the various filters, lets say a report of all jobs for a client between 2 dates, you get this result:
screenshot-www.autoarmor-parow.co.za-2018-04-05-08-28-24.png

Can you enable Fabrikdebug (in Options) and append &fabrikdebug=1 to your URL to get the error message?

Can you enable Fabrikdebug (in Options) and append &fabrikdebug=1 to your URL to get the error message?
Troester

Thank you. I have turned on debugging in F options, and when I add &fabrikdebug=1 to the URL, I don't get any additional info other than what I pasted in the previous post.

Can you fill out the ftp credentials in your My Sites. I need to stick some debug code in.

Something seems to be causing quotes to be removed from the WHERE clause after filtering, and in such a way that I can't see the full query without putting some extra debug code in.

-- hugh

Can you fill out the ftp credentials in your My Sites. I need to stick some debug code in.

Something seems to be causing quotes to be removed from the WHERE clause after filtering, and in such a way that I can't see the full query without putting some extra debug code in.

-- hugh
Hugh I entered the info on the My Sites. I have never used FTP from J before, as I usually use SSH, but the info is saved. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back