[SOLVED] Import from csv file results in blank records

Cogorno

I'm new at Fabrik. I have tried to import a CSV file into a new list, and it seems to work ok, but when you look at the data the records are all blank. I found one old thread about this issue, but it was in 2013.
What I'm doing wrong?

Impossible to say.

If you can provide an example of you CSV data, with the header row (which will be used for the element names) and at least one row of actual data, I can take a quick look.

-- hugh

These are the first 3rows of the CSV file I used:

ID_Soci;COD_FIN;Cognome ;Nome;Data di nascita;Luogo di Nascita;Codice Fiscale;Indirizzo di residenza;Squadra di provenienza
1;EMI-030354;Rossi;Mario;28/01/2004;Lagosanto (FE);LBRPTR04A28E410X;Via Morosina, 5 Portomaggiore;DELFINO 93
2;EMI-030370;Bianchi;Luca;25/01/2004;Ferrara;MBNMTT04A25D548O;Via Stradelle, 1 Copparo;CENTRO NUOTO COPPARO

Thank you in advance

Works OK for me:

http://screencast.com/t/Bx4A8e4b

You don't have to set the "internalid" element type on your ID field, but it's recommended.

Also, don't try setting that date field to a 'date' element, as it won't import. When importing dates into a newly created list, they have to be in the standard MySQL format (Y-m-d H:i:s).

-- hugh

Works OK for me:

http://screencast.com/t/Bx4A8e4b

You don't have to set the "internalid" element type on your ID field, but it's recommended.

Also, don't try setting that date field to a 'date' element, as it won't import. When importing dates into a newly created list, they have to be in the standard MySQL format (Y-m-d H:i:s).

-- hugh

Setting my ID field as "internalid" it works fine!
I set the data field as "element field", I know it's a strange format. I also tried to let fabrik create the primary key but it did not work.
Probably, in this case, setting the ID field as "internalid" is mandatory.
Thank you so much Hugh!

Well the important bit, if your data already has PK values, is to not tell us to add a PK, and select the checkbox to show us which column is the PK.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back