[SOLVED]Form PHP plugin - End of form submission (onAfterProcess) - Update database fields

marcq

Hi,

I have created a form which enables people to submit an Inquiry.

After submit, data?s are stored in the ?pbdf_fabrik_user_demande_conseils? database table :

?pbdf_fabrik_user_demande_conseils? table fields :
id
date_record
statut
degreurgence
userid (userid of the registered user which is submitting the form)
no_assure
username
name
firstname
usergroup
titre
demande
typedemande
piecesjointes
titre_demcons_client

The ?no_assure?, ?name? and ?firstname? fields are empty and should be retrieved from the ?pbdf_fabrik_user_clients? database table and populate this 3 empty fields with the data that belong to the registred user which is submitting the form :

?pbdf_fabrik_user_clients? table fields :
id
date_record
date_update
last_visite
user_group
userid
username
name
firstname
email
password
no_assure

Question :
Can I use the Form PHP plugin, End of form submission (onAfterProcess), to update the 3 fields of the record which just have been created in the ?pbdf_fabrik_user_demande_conseils? table with the values of the ?pbdf_fabrik_user_clients? table ? Is it the right way to do ?
If yes, could someone kindly explain me how the build my query in order to retrieve those data?s and update the 3 mentioned fields with the values that belong to the registered user which is submitting the form ? I?m a very newby which have less experience in building sql queries so I would appreciate if someone could explain me how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Marc

Fabrik version 3.2
Joomla 3.3.6

Hi troester,

Thanks for your reply. I used the autofill plugin which work well. Data's are displayed accordingly in the 3 form fields ?no_assure?, ?name? and ?firstname?. But when I submit the form, database fields are empty.

Could you please check my parameter in the autofill plugin please (see attached), perhaps I've made a mistake.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

Attachments

• AUTOFILL.pdf
    94.4 KB · Views: 323
Friendly bump

As told before Data's are displayed correctely now.

Since the autofill related data's are not saved in the database on form submit I would appreciate if someone could advise me how to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Marc

PHP Form Plugin - My solution which is certainly not elegant at all, but works like a charm for those who might be interested :

$db = JFactory::getDbo();
// Get the record ID of the submitted form
$id=$data['pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance___id_raw'];
// Get the Userid of the User which submitted the form
$userid={$my->id};

// Get the autofill fields related data
$queryname = $db->getQuery(true);
$queryname->select('name')->from('pbdf_fabrik_user_clients')->where('userid = ' . (int) '{pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance___userid_raw}');
$db->setQuery($queryname);
$name = $db->loadResult();

$queryfirstname = $db->getQuery(true);
$queryfirstname->select('firstname')->from('pbdf_fabrik_user_clients')->where('userid = ' . (int) '{pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance___userid_raw}');
$db->setQuery($queryfirstname);
$firstname = $db->loadResult();

$queryno_assure = $db->getQuery(true);
$queryno_assure->select('no_assure')->from('pbdf_fabrik_user_clients')->where('userid = ' . (int) '{pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance___userid_raw}');
$db->setQuery($queryno_assure);
$no_assure = $db->loadResult();

// Update query
$query = $db->getQuery(true);
$query= "UPDATE pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance SET pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance.name = '$name', pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance.firstname = '$firstname', pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance.no_assure = '$no_assure' WHERE pbdf_fabrik_user_soumission_ordonnance.id = '$id' ";
$db->setQuery($query);
$db->execute();

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back