selecting elements for menu item shows ALL elements in display

Status
Not open for further replies.

p38

When using the list menu item, and elements are selected, when you display the record, then ALL the elements of the list are displayed.

One only wants the elements chosen to be displayed and edited.

I don't seem to be able to replicate this, although I may be mis-understanding your issue.

Are you talking about the "Show in list" selection under Advanced, on a ! menu item for a Fabrik List?

And if so, do you mean that all elements are being shown in the List display, not just the ones selected, or when you subsequently edit or display a form view form that list?

If you are talking about form / details view, that isn't affected by the "Show in list" selection.

-- hugh

Yes that's what Paul is seeing (fabrik list menu) on his site, there's something odd going with that installation, I've asked for confirmation on another thread regarding which url/ftp/folder the site is actually on, with the current details I was not seeing anything change when I updated files on the site
FYI the issue is that the fabrik JS is not loaded into the page - couldn't see why though

updating the site, neuropsychologySA causes a white screen of death. I have just recovered the site back again.

I am pretty sure that if we can resolve this issue, some of my other postings will resolve as well and they are related.

The 3.1beta works OK, but uploading the GitUpdate causes the problem. I then need to do the following to restore......

• delete the fabrik system -plugin from extenisons.
  • rename com_fabrik in comonent and admin.
  • re-install 3.1beta

Any ideas?

hugh asked if I do have kunena and I confirmed yes I do. This is my first site with both components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back