redirect plugin doesn't work only in a database

enzo2016

Hello,
I have created two databases with the same fabrik and joomla versions. The first database (named db1) includes only fabrik as component. The second database (named db2) includes other components because it is the database where I am working.
Both the databases have forms with the redirect plugin.
Db2 doesn't show the redirect page after submitting the form. It shows the previoous page.
Db1 show correctly the redirect page.

Why doesn't the redirect plugin work in db2? The only difference I can immagine between db1 and db2 are the components.

Thanks.

Enzo

I've run into this before. I found using the full url with domain as opposed to relative url solved this. Not sure if it's the same thing you are experiencing?

Hello JackGoa, thanks so much for the help.
Has Joomla a way to change relative url in full url? What could be the best way to change the relative in full url?

Thanks,

Enzo

Well, in the redirect plugin where you enter the url to redirect to, make sure to add the whole url? Maybe we're not talking about the same thing?

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

Hi bj?rn, sorry I confused with a different matter. Yes we are talking about the same thing.
What I do is to copy the url to redirect from the webpage and paste it into the redirect plugin. I have tried also the code {where_I_come_from}

Enzo

Yes, sure. Thanks. I am attaching it.
The same settings in a different joomla installation without components seem working ok.

Thanks again.

Enzo

Attachments

• redirect settings.jpg
    redirect settings.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 98
Everything seems ok. Is the Fabrik installation up to date? When last have you updated from Github?

So if I understand you properly, when you submit the form, it does nothing? Just goes back to the same page, instead of redirecting to a different page? And you're testing the form in the frontend?

Yes, I am testing it in the frontend and the page appearing after bubmitting the form is the previous one when the form is multipage (and doesn't show the sending message).
I don't update Fabrik from Github but about monthly I only check if fabrikar.com has a earlier publishing date for Fabrik 3.5.1 (or new versions), so it is updated to 9 September.
The same Fabrik version and the same Joomla version, working in any different website without components, return the redirect page and the message required after sending the form.
The template could be responsible of this difference so I am going to test this idea. I am using Gantry 5.

Thanks. Have a good day!

Enzo

The template is responsible only about the missing message (after submitting the form).
The problem about the redirect page was caused by the button: the Apply button doesn't return the redirect page, but the Save button returns the redirect page.

Using the Apply button does indeed cause the redirect to be ignored. It should simply return you to the same form.

-- hugh

The Apply button had the advantage that, in a multipage form, appears only in the final page.
The Save button in my experience is appearing in every page of the form. How could let it appear only in the final page?

Thanks.

Enzo

I am not able to write the code, but it is ok. It was only a desire, but surely not essential.
Thanks for the answer.

-- Enzo

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back