Order of Dropdown in Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

isiway

Hello,
I have a list "material" where the id corresponds with the alphabetical order of the values

1 aaa
2 bbb
3 ccc
10 hhh
11 ppp
12 qqq

I have a list "glues" where a field "fitting materials" is defined as multiselect dropdown where the ordering of the values is WRONG.
Params are: show in filter yes as dropdown, ordered by id (by label or none doesnt help either), show all data (show only used data doesnt help either)

1 ABC 1, 2 (all stored in repeat table)
2 DEF 1,2,10,11,12
3 GHI 11,12,13

When I show the list in the Fabrik list modul the filter shows

fitting materials dropdown please choose
aaa
bbb
ppp
qqq

I have no explanation why hhh comes last?

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Hi Rob,

could you please at first tell me which program is responsible
1. for the query/ sorting of the dropdown down, then I would have a look at it by myself..

Thanks,
Carola

In general anything like dropdowns/radios have their own file in plugins/fabrik_element/dropdown/dropdown.php which extends components/com_fabrik/models/elementlist.php (genric "list type elements") which finally extends element.php

they have a render() function for rendering out the element in form/details views.
You then have 2 methods for getting the option value and labels getSubOptionValues() and getSubOptionLabels().
But in all honesty I think you will find it quicker if you fill out the site details and get me to look - the code here is quiet in depth.
-Rob

Hello Rob,

thanks for your offer to help. We will get back to you next week about this and send you then the link to our testsystem.

But just some hints about this problem:
From my point of view the order seems not to be right, because
in the main list "Glues" the element Material is defined a databasejoin multiselect dropdown.
In the second list, which is a view on the list "Glues" this element is unlinked, also defined as a multiselect dropdown (which is not relevant because nobody can enter data in in form) but the filter ist set to (simple) dropdown?
Any ideas?

Thank you!
Carola

but the filter is set to (simple) dropdown?
The filter type (field/dropdown) is defined in the element options - list view settings -> filters -> filter type, so is independent of the element type.
However, it should still order things correctly! :)

Hi Rob,
I set up my site / access for you under my sites as you proposed and provided all data there in the note.
Hope to here from you soon!

Thanks, Carola

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back