Need your advice..

sales2010

Hello,

I have asked about this few months ago and i tried to make it run properly but i'm not very sure that i did it right. This is what i need to achieve: a web interface that will allow editors, product managers and agents to add info and at the end, generate a pdf file with all selected data.

This is what should happen:

1. the editor will choose which fields are available, which fields are required and for whom.
2. the product manager should filled the available fields chosen by the editor with values.
3. the agent should see a list of available fields (chosen by the editor) and values (added by the product manager), each field having it's own rules for validation + a list of extra options. the extraoptions mean a list of possible suplementary options that can be applied to a subscription plan. each extraoption can have it's own fees.

usualy, a subscription plan will have between 3 and 15 text fields that should be visible to the agent.

What happen now:

i have the following elements in one form: 15 text field elements to display the labels and another 15 dropdown elements that should be used for show/hide field elements + validate the values from fields elements.

In order to dinamically show/hide and validate the fields, each dropdown field will have one value from 0 to 4:

0 - hide the field
1 - show the field (no validation)
2 - require and show the field for Agent
3 - require and show the field for Product Manager
4 - require and show the field for Agent and Product Manager

The flow is:

Step 1: the Editor choose the Service (Mobile Voice, Mobile Data etc) and the Class (that retain the subscription plans - each Class can have multiple subscription plans assigned) and display a list of 15 fields and 15 dropdowns. In each text field the Editor will add the label and in each dropdown will select the status of the field.

admin.png
Step 2: the Product Manager will see (in a different form) 15 calc elements that will display the label added by the Editor in Step 1 and another 15 fields that will be used to add the value for each label. Of course, the PM should see and complete only the fields that have values > 0 (same for Agent).

pm.png

Step 3: in a third form, the Agent will select the Service, the Class and the Subscription Plan. That will lead to a list of calc elements (labels) and text fields that will be filled with values by using the Autofill plugin. The autofill plugin is triggered once the Subscription Plan is choosed.

agent.png

what is the best approach to do this? I need to achieve the following results:

1. a fast load form for agents - the form should load and submit the info very fast (less than 5 seconds). Now the form take over 30 seconds to load all info and run the autofill plugin and over a minute to submit the information.

2. to show/hide only the labels and fields that should be available based on selections made in form by the agent.

3. the list of extra options available for the Class choosed by the Agent. As i said, each extraoption might have their own values/fees that should be editable by the Agent, so having a list of checkboxes is not enough.

4. to make it run properly on Internet Explorer. As we know, Fabrik have issues running a large form on Internet Explorer, especially in IE8. In IE9 in this case, there is a lag between click and response (about 6-7 seconds for each databasejoin/cdd element)

Thank you

I'd have to take a detailed look at your site to have any ideas about the performance issues / approach you are taking. But that really is pushing the limits of Standard support.

I think you have me on Skype ('cheesegrits'). Catch me over the weekend, we'll take a look.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back