Menu in the backend

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

The latest versions of Joomla allow to create additional menus in the backend.
I'd like to give access to some specific fabrik's list to some users from within the joomla backend without having them to use (see) the regular components access (restricted fonctionnalites).
I've tried to set such but the only possibility I found is to mimic the regular backend fabrik menu. I do not have access to the front-end style type of menu (A list, A form....). I can only display ALL lists, All forms...

Any idea of how to allow to create such a menu giving access to "some" list as we can do in the frontend ?

Thanks

Nope, no idea.

I hadn't even noticed J! had added that. If I get some spare time I'll research it. Do you have any examples of extensions that provide that feature?

-- hugh

I think the original goal of the J! feature is to provide some "reduced functionalities backend" to some groups of users an easier way than ACL
Most of the components I've tried allow to add some of their entries in such a customized BO menu. But, as for Fabrik, these entries are the regular admin's ones. Which make sense for most of them.
However, the power of Fabrik allows to tailor Front-end menu to some very particular action (display one list, fill a form, display a search form, export, pdf, etc...). Thus with a login on front-end and some ACL, one can offer varieties of different menu/template/appearance depending of the user profile. Including an "admin" profile.
I'd like to do the same in the BO. Thus the admin can handle both J! activities (blog, articles) and Fabap's ones directly from the BO.
In the past I use to use the option in the quick-icon tab of the "published" list setup. It allowed a quick access to a specific list from the system home page such as "Popular articles" or "Logged-in users". Did not find neither this option in the last packages.

BTW, it's not critical. It allows a cleaner way to handle "pure admin" activities from the same "end" but the current solutions work very well so far.

Indeed. But I think the module itself is missing to show up the list in the backend. I'll check

I just tested, it seems to be ok
View attachment 17123

But this is only showing the standard backend list view without all these Fabrik menu list features.
I think I've read about a new Joomla feature "log in in front- AND backend" with the same session (I can't find it at the moment).
So maybe this is an "easy(er)" way to point the backend user to an internal frontend menu...

Yes. The new backend menu is working very well on my tests also. But you can only mimic the standard Fabrik backend component menu as you did in your screenshot.
I usually set a "special" menu available only for some users after login on the front end to deal with specific functions.
let's say you have a house rental apps. The front-end allows users and guest to list, show, book, pay etc... You need some special features to "manage" that (change availabilities dates, rates, high/low days, etc...). Usually, the way I deal with that is to set a menu with some entries restricted to some level access. Normal users can't play with it. Managers can.
In several of my sites, I use standard Joomla components such as HikaShop, Event Booking, JEvents, Compojoom, Joomdle ... together with Fabrik. The fabrik views/menu/modules are used to enhance these components and/or add functionalities.
Most of the time, these components are managed through the backend (hikashop : add products, Event booking : manage registrants, etc...). The idea would be to able to reach the Fabrik's goodies working on these components'tables from the backend also. Thus, having a new menu in the back-end giving access, for example, to a customized view of HikaShop's orders or Event Booking ones.
Thus the functional manager logs himself in the backend and manage everything from the same set of menus.
To achieve this, one should have the same kind of menu items available for Fabrik when adding either "site" or "admin" menu entries.

Yes. I believe you're right. Don't know how much effort it might involve to achieve it ...

Probably a fair amount. There's a LOT of code involved with the menu specific settings. So unless J!'s new feature literally allows using front end menu items on the backend ...

I don't have any time to look at this atm, but I'll put it on my list.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back