• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

MailChimp revisited

Ah, oki. This is what I thought it does all along. *facepalm*

Will give it a bash in the morning and give feedback. Thanks Hugh!

PS, one other tip ... for writing the JSON, I find it best to use ...

https://jsonlint.com/

You can copy and paste your JSON in there, and a) make sure it's valid, and b) makes it easier to edit and add new stuff. Then you can just copy and paste that into the plugin setting.

-- hugh

It works! this is awesome, thanks so much Hugh!

I want to pay for another month of Standard support to say thanks. I can't find the subscription page though? Please point me in the right direction.

Now a quick question, how hard would it be to have a way to add more fields for the merge fields on MC side? In other words, besides name, surname and email, what about birthday, or phone number, or anything else I might want to add.

PS, thanks for that jsonlint link. Very helpful.

I haven't looked at fields, I'll take a look when I get a few minutes.

We're changing our subs, we'll be announcing the change soon.

-- hugh

Minor thing, I got around it by simply removing some merge fields in MailChimp, but if you do have more than the usual Name, Last Name and Email address fields, then your submission does not go through to MC and on the website you get an error message saying, Mailing list subscription problem, try again later.
In the MailChimp API it says, Your merge fields were invalid.

As I said, I fixed it by removing the additional merge fields.

FYI, there's another error I see in the MC API that comes with each submission, even though it still goes through successfully: The requested resource could not be found.
Under the Method column it gives this: GET /lists/.../members/.../

Hmm.

To be honest, I had no idea what merge fields / tags were, or how the were different from "interests".

I'll need to add a second config option for merge fields, with a similar structure ...

Code:
{"TAGNAME":"{yourtable___some_name}","OTHERTAG":"{yourtable___some_other_name}"}

I can't fold those into the interests, as the handling in the code is totally separate and different.

-- hugh

Yeah, they're completely different things. I think if you haven't delved under the hood in MailChimp and tried some of the technical features, then most people probably don't know all these differences, so no worries!

As I said, standing by with my contribution, just let me know the outcome. Would be awesome to have those features Hugh!

*they've now also brought in a tag functionality... :p

Yeah, they're completely different things. I think if you haven't delved under the hood in MailChimp and tried some of the technical features, then most people probably don't know all these differences, so no worries!

As I said, standing by with my contribution, just let me know the outcome. Would be awesome to have those features Hugh!

*they've now also brought in a tag functionality... :p

Yeah, there's just a big disparity between their UI (dashboard) stuff, and the API docs ("how do I make this shit work under the hood"), especially when it comes to terminology.

I'm slowly getting the hang of it.

At some point I'll try and improve the plugin settings, so rather than having to create funky JSON data structures to map elements to interests and tags, I'll make it more of a GUI thing. I can pull all the info I need from the API, it just means creating a new JForm field type for the UI of matching a Fabrik element to a Mailchimp "thing".

-- hugh

The JSON is still ok, it's just a bit hard to understand how it works without documentation.

With my sparse grip on it, I can't even offer to update the wiki :/

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back