List view modal popup

achartier

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am wondering if there is an easy way to accomplish this without a whole lot of JS and such.

I have a list of care and share items (adult community). Each item has a short description, a long description, potentially some number of images (fileupload element), and the sharing members id. I have the sharing members ID (displayed as the name) link to their CB Profile for contact info.

In the list I only show the short item description and the sharing members name (with link to profile).

What I would like to do is have the short description link to a modal popup which includes a title (short description), content (the long description) and thumbnails of the images. I would also like the thumbnails to open the real image when clicked and have this image include a close so that it can be closed back to the modal.

I can do all this with a bunch of custom javascript but I wonder if there is some baked in way to accomplish at least part of it.

Looking for ideas before I start deep coding. Thanks.

One option might be to copy the list, set that copy up with a details view that only shows what you need, and create a custom link on that element for it ...

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=X&rowid={rowid}

If the list is "ajaxified", it should automatically open in a popup.

-- hugh

I have set the same link Fabrik (index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=details&formid=X&rowid={rowid}) in a field, how could I open it in modal?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back