list popup with items that are not in the list

MILORD65

Hello

I have a list of which only certain elements are visible.
I would like items that are not in the list but only in the form to appear in a popup when I hover over the corresponding record in this list.
How to do this ?
Thanks for your help.

JP

Leaving aside how to do this in Fabrik, from a straight technology perspective then you need to either:

a. Include the information in the web page (list) and use javascript to show it in a tooltip; or

b. Use Ajax to go and get the information from the server when the user hovers over the item. Ajax calls take several 100ms at minimum, and you probably want to wait for (say) 250ms hovering before you issue the ajax call (otherwise if the user moves the mouse briefly over each item, it will trigger a plethora of ajax calls which will potentially swamp something - so probably in excess of 1s for the information to appear.

From what you say, it sounds like the list has everything in it, but you are prefiltering it so it only shows some records, and you want to show the other records in the tooltip. If this is the case than this is good, because rather than use a prefilter, you can hide the records you don't want seen and then use JS to show the records when you hover over the corresponding one.

Without more detail it is difficult to offer Fabrik solutions, but one which comes to mind is to create an element which holds a class and in the List options for the element set "use as row class". You can use the class to select css that hides the row. Now you are half way there because all the data you need is already downloaded in the web page even though half of it is hidden.

Then you need to create JS that shows the matching row when you hover, and hides it when you leave hover.

Please post here to let us know how you get on.

Thank you for the answer but ...
Excuse me, I mis explained: It is for each record to show in a popup the values of elements that are not visible in the list. For example, in popup, for a given record:
label1: value1
label3: value3
label8: value8
Elements 1, 2 and 8 are only visible in the form but not in the list.

Still unclear whether whether you will be viewing a form or a list when you get the popup, and whether the items you want to show in the popup are from the same or different list.

I know that I want to display a detail view or form in the popup like:
label1: value1
label3: value3
label8: value8

And these elements belong to the same list but are not visible in the list view.

So - you need to try my earlier suggestion. Rather than filtering out the rows which are not visible (presumably using a pre-filter), you need to include these in the list but hide them. That will get the data you want to show into the web page even if the user cannot see them.

Then you just need to find a way to create the tooltip when you hover which looks inside the hidden rows to find the data to show in the tooltip.

The easiest way to hide the rows is to create an element the content of which is used as a row class - so the rows you want to be hidden have e.g. "hidden" as the value of this field, whilst the rows you want to show have "" as value.

Without spending time actually creating a test solution, that is the most I can say off the top of my head. Creating the tooltip JS is down to you.

I think I mis explained you ...
It is not a question of filtering rows but it is for each rows to show when mouse over the row a popup which contains like a form (label1: value1, etc.) the elements (not the rows) which are visible only in the form and not in the list.

No - I understood.

And what I am saying is that you need to include the other elements in the list but hide them from the user, and then you can create JS which looks or the hidden data and shows it in a tooltip.

I have explained this as best as I can. If you still can't do it, then you may need to pay for Hugh to provide professional services to do it for you.

If you really need it on hover you must do it following @Sophist.
Or you can try to put all infos you need in the tooltip of one element shown in list view (but then you'll get the tooltip also in form view).

If you can live with a click just set the list to ajaxfied links which will show the details view in a pop up.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back