• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

JUser Plugin and Password Safety

SoilentRed

Caaan do!
I have a form using the JUser Plugin. This plugin creates Joomla Users. Great!
I have a password field in there. I noticed that this is storing passwords to the database. How can I retroactively encrypt these passwrds in the DB and encrypt them moving forward? Is that possible, or do I need to create a new form. Is it possible to not even store the password and just pass it to Joomla?
Thanks!

The password element is storing encrypted.
Where are you seeing plain text passwords?

In a column belonging to a password element (plugin type = password)?
Which Joomla and Fabrik?

In in the Joomla Users DB Table, the password is encrypted. In the database on phpmyadmin for the table created fabrik's list, the passwords are not encrypted. When you look at the list on Joomla, it shows up like this ****************. My goal is to retroactivle encrypt that column and have everything encrypted in it moving forward, of course without messing things up.

I assume you don't use a password element but a simple field with "input type" = password.

You can set a field element to "Encrypt data" (in Access settings) but I really don't know how this is doing with existing records.
I think there was a thread somewhere about element encryption

Do have the input type set to password, yes.

I guess it doesn't matter what happens to the existing record in the fabrik table, as long as it doesn't break the joomla users table. I'll test it out.

You should be able to set the element to encrypted. When you save the settings after changing that, Fabrik should attempt to encrypt the entire column. But I suggest you do an Akeeba backup first.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back