Fixed Joomla 5.1 and 'Fabrik cannot find files...' error

Trembowiecki

Hi,

I've just updated Joomla from from 5.0.x to 5.1 and got this error: Fabrik cannot find files required for this version of Joomla. DO NOT use the Fabrik backend admin until this is resolved. Please visit our web site and check for announcements about this version.

Help?...

Rename the folder administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/50 to 51 and that should fix your issue.

I was trying to be clever myself but no. I renamed the folder, then copied and renamed, but everytime I get this:
Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\TextField::collectLayoutData()

Call Stack​

#FunctionLocation
1()JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/TextField.php:250
2Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\TextField->getInput()JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/51/FormField.php:474
3Joomla\CMS\Form\FormField->__get()JROOT/libraries/src/Form/Field/TextField.php:117
4Joomla\CMS\Form\Field\TextField->__get()JROOT/layouts/joomla/searchtools/default/bar.php:38
5include()JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
6Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render()JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:636
7Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->sublayout()JROOT/layouts/joomla/searchtools/default.php:90
8include()JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/FileLayout.php:128
9Joomla\CMS\Layout\FileLayout->render()JROOT/libraries/src/Layout/LayoutHelper.php:76
10Joomla\CMS\Layout\LayoutHelper::render()JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/lists/tmpl/bootstrap.php:43
11include()JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:416
12Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate()JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:204
13Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display()JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/views/lists/view.html.php:92
14FabrikAdminViewLists->display()JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:697
15Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/controller.php:42
16FabrikAdminController->display()JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:730
17Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:104
18require_once()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
19Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
20Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
21Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:150
22Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:195
23Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:306
24Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:58
25require_once()JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

I just did an update from GIT using the "2. Upload and extract a zip-file" method for the J!5.1 issue and then all admin and front pages show error:

An error has occurred.​

0 Class "ComposerAutoloaderInit9ab88d0c7bcb59d1a8b387da91ece210" not found

I found I had to delete or rename file: ~/libraries/fabrik/vendor/vendor/autoload.php

that got me thinking should the instructions for a deployment from GIT include deleting files that have been renamed or removed?

Hello Troester and everyone, I come from an installation with J3 and Fabrik 3 with the latest versions (with lists and forms with data), I have updated a development server to J4, I have updated Fabrik following all the instructions, installing Fabrik 4.0 with the official installation, and then updated with instructions (from bitbucket.com), with a version today.

I was able to fix the date format error with overwriting language strings.

Apparently everything works in the backend, except when accessing data from a form or list, and I get the error Class "JRequest" not found.

I write here, because the same thing happens with Joomla 5.1 (adding the folder y for class 51 and FormField.php).

I have tried with php 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3 with the same result.

I read that many are doing well on J4 and J5,
any clues to get fabrik 4 working?

Thank you very much and greetings

(Joomla 5.1):
#FunctionLocation
1()JROOT\libraries\fabrik\fabrik\fabrik\Helpers\Php.php(69) : eval()'d code:7
2FabrikEvalClass_92078bad76657a195ee2c6a4ab57ab7c->doExecute()JROOT\libraries\fabrik\fabrik\fabrik\Helpers\Php.php:55
3Fabrik\Helpers\Php::Eval()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\element.php:1432
4PlgFabrik_Element->getDefaultValue()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\element.php:1547
5PlgFabrik_Element->getDefaultOnACL()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\element.php:1590
6PlgFabrik_Element->getValue()JROOT\plugins\fabrik_element\field\field.php:222
7PlgFabrik_ElementField->getValue()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\element.php:2515
8PlgFabrik_Element->preRenderElement()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\element.php:2308
9PlgFabrik_Element->preRender()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\form.php:4882
10FabrikFEModelForm->getGroupView()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\views\form\view.base.php:178
11FabrikViewFormBase->display()JROOT\components\com_fabrik\views\form\view.html.php:40
12FabrikViewForm->display()JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\controllers\form.php:84
13FabrikAdminControllerForm->view()JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:730
14Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\fabrik.php:104
15require_once()JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
16Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()JROOT\libraries\src\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
17Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()JROOT\libraries\src\Component\ComponentHelper.php:361
18Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:150
19Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()JROOT\libraries\src\Application\AdministratorApplication.php:195
20Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()JROOT\libraries\src\Application\CMSApplication.php:306
21Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()JROOT\administrator\includes\app.php:58
22require_once()JROOT\administrator\index.php:32

It seems you have some custom php code (maybe an element default with "Eval").
JRequest is deprecated since a very long time and not longer supported by Joomla.
Use something like
Code:
$app = Joomla\CMS\Factory::getApplication();
$app->getInput()->get('myparam',...);
See https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/upgrade-instructions/

It was exactly what you mentioned, I was using eval php code with JRequest in some form elements and I replaced it with what you indicated.

Now everything works perfectly!

I thank you very much for the effort for Fabrik 4.

Thanks a lot.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back