• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Javascript error in slideshow in Firefox

rbuelund

I am using the slideshow visualization. It works well in Chrome but in Firefox I get this error: "SecurityError: The operation is insecure." ??

OK, I can see the same thing. Seems to be coming from a CSS operation the slideshow2.js library we use is doing.

I don't know if it's fixable ... but ... I am going to replace the elderly (and now unmaintained) slideshow2 lib with "Slick" ...

http://kenwheeler.github.io/slick/

I've started on the plumbing to switch the libraries out. I don't have an ETA, but "hopefully soon-ish".

-- hugh

OK, I took a look at this last night, and spliced that Slick plugin into our slideshow viz in place of the old slideshow2 one.

I got it working, there's just a couple of things left to solve, to adapt the old options for our viz to the new plugin. Although I think we will lose some stuff, like the "Ken Burns" effect, and it'll need a few different settings to take advantage of Slick options.

Anyway, I'll probably commit the work later this week.

If you are interested in testing it now, I can push my 'slick' feature branch up to github, and you can install that (I can walk you through how, it's just like doing a normal github update, you just have to select the branch before downloading the tarball).

-- hugh

If you are interested in testing it now, I can push my 'slick' feature branch up to github, and you can install that (I can walk you through how, it's just like doing a normal github update, you just have to select the branch before downloading the tarball).

Have you pushed the Slick feature in GitHUB branch ? Please count me in this development and beta testing.

I have updated my test server site with Github Slick branch. The Slick lib along with all Fabrik files are uploaded successfully and also followed all standard Github steps.

How do I test ?

PS: Already Checked all options in Fabrik (Global confi/Elements/Visualization/Plugin), but I couldn't find anywhere the Slick.

Just create a 'slideshow' viz. I haven't created a new viz, I've just updated 'slideshow' to use slick instead of slideshow2.

-- hugh

Thank you again. I created a new Viz and it is working.

BUT,

1. I guess, it doesn't not work with AJAX FileUpload. If I have multiple forms with single (non-ajax) file upload, it displays images in 'Slick' Lib Mode. But, If I choose AJAX fileupload and uploads multiple images in a same Form, it doesn't work.

2. How do I select / change the default Slick setting ? In other words, are Fabrik layout overrides available for Slick setting ?

PS: Would love to share the advance customisation/development expense for the Slick.

It should work with AJAX, I just haven't tested it yet. I'll have a look.

Yes, I'm intending to make this customizable. Initially I'm just hard coding two variants, as a single frame, and single frame with thumbs. Once I iron out any immediate problems, I'll work on allowing it to be customized.

Hopefully we will very soon have a way you can contribute towards the cost.

-- hugh

It should work with AJAX, I just haven't tested it yet. I'll have a look.
I have tested multiple times on my testing server, but AJAX uploads are not working.

Yes, I'm intending to make this customizable. Initially I'm just hard coding two variants, as a single frame, and single frame with thumbs. Once I iron out any immediate problems, I'll work on allowing it to be customized.
Hope it is soon'ish. :) . I have been waiting for this feature since long time. In fact, recently started exploring other components. I believe! the addition of SLICK is kinda major upgrade to the FABRIK enhancing its capabilities further.

I've merged the slick branch into master, and had a first hack at fixing it for AJAX.

So update to latest master github, and let me know.

-- hugh

Thank you once again for fixing the AJAX upload issue.

Now I have found another potential bug in AJAX fileupload Element, which makes the Slideshow unusable.

When I delete one or multiple unwanted uploaded pictures in Fileupload AJAX, I get a POP up 'Do you want to delete this file from the Sever' and picture gets deleted. BUT, the clickable path value of the deleted Picture remains in the element data, this empty path/data truncates remaining Pictures giving bizarre appearance of slideshow. I guess, this was known issue, which was sorted out, but now has recurred back. Ref: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/ajax-file-upload-issue.46668/#post-243146

OnPaste.20181005-080510.png

Last edited:
I don't think the post you referenced was anything to do with this.

I'll put that on my list of things to look at on the upload element.

-- hugh

I'll put that on my list of things to look at on the upload element.
Thank you.

I guess, the custom size of Width / Height is still not incorporated into Slick Slideshow. If possible, can you please atleast include this as basic customisation.

Yup, that'll get added. At some point this week I'll do another session on the Slick code, to add customization and improve the display.

-- hugh

Great. Thanks!

As I have never used the Slideshow Visualisation, just want to know whether it supports Amazon S3 uploaded file images path ?

Should do, although I've never tried it. If it doesn't, I can probably make it work.

I suspect you'd need to use a public bucket, although the auth URL might work with a private bucket.

-- hugh

Yes. Amazon S3 is working. I'm so happy to see the S3 integration. Yes, I will be using Public Bucket with display of Photos to all.

As I'm still playing with the Visualization Slideshow and found one problem specific to my workflow.

My plan is to display the set of images uploaded through Fileupload into the Detail view of the Form with the help of {fabrik view=visualization id=X} with filter {rowid}. But, AJAX method do not allow the placeholder {rowid} as path to the image folder. Is there any solution to this problem ?

Hope you have got a time for customisation as mentioned in earlier post.

Hmm, {rowid} should work. Have you tried {yourtable___id_raw} (or whatever the raw placeholder for the PK is)?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back