How to asigne multiple students to a course at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghuerren

hi guys.

I have around 70 k students in a table called students with the following fields

->group students<- no repeatable
-id
-datetime
-name of the student (field)

-> repeatable group called courses<-

- course name (database join id recommended / name from table courses)
- have the prerequisites for course a?(yesno field)
- designated for course? (Yesno field)
- graduated in course? (Yesno field)
- date of graduation of course( date time)

I have another table that Stores the COURSES with the following elements (apart from I'd and date time)
-name field
-date of start (date time)
-day of graduation (date time)

So, my question is, how can I filter and assigne multiple students to each COURSE at once?
To make it clear.

First. I'll need to list students that has the value YES stored in the field prerequisites and select which ones I want to designate to the course (group designated).
Finally, after the course I need to store the name of the students that graduated the course.

It seems that I have to apply cascading filters (different pre-filter for the list via J!Menus-fabrik-lists) during the process but I can't figure out how to select multiple students at once in the same group (around 300 have the prerequisites / 200 are selected to the course and around 150 finish it.

But once i got a list with a bunch of students i need to add lets say course A to a lot of then.
To have an idea of the numbers, i would say that:
1--total of students- 70.000
2- students that ahve the prerequisites - 500
3- students that are assigned - 200
4- students that graduate - 150

Each course takes place every year os theres a rotation of old and new students on the courses. Each student does not repeat courses...

Tx a lot!

Last edited:
I was thinking to remove the courses from the repeatable group as there are only for course right now. Would that be easier to implement with the update column plugin?
Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back