HORROR BUG - INSECURE: Prefilter not working - when .....

Horror! Why Prefilter this will been defined in the form not working, when in elements are not published?
This create absolute search horror for every user - today or tomorrow - and it? absolute not secure!

So you can fix it for down the searching time:

a) This field for this filter cant been select in the form under prefilter, when it? not published OR
b) You can give an information in one of the arrea before - left - right - down or somehting else in RED please, that a prefilter will work only, when the element is published OR
c) When a prefilter of a field, that is not published and you make a choice of this, create a warning, that the element must been published OR
d) Create a warning, when the form will been saved, that the element of the prefilter must been published OR
e) let the prefilter working, equal, as the element is published or not!

Sorry, this wrong definations need much time and they are absolute INSECURE !!!! It can not been, that when a admin not change the prefilter and working before fine and he change for visit in the view or form this field to unpublished, that the prefilter will not work and all clients see the datas of the other clients!

I had this problem for all Lists "Server with Passwords" / "Domains with Auth-Code" / "Webspaces with Passwords" / "Clients with Amount" and something else The Filter was work before, but later not - we filter on Client-Base with User {$my->username}. Now I have change the filter field in elements to published and the filter works! I am happy, that we have found this Fabrik Bug, before our new program was going online!

Version Joomla 3.2 with Fabrik 3.1 RC 2

We'd internally had a conversation about this one a couple of days ago.
We were already logging the issue to the fabrik log in /logs but you're right in that isn't clear to a site administrator.
I've thus added a notice message to the list when this situation occurs.

Remember if an element is unpublished we do nothing with it - we don't load it into the system and thus can't prefilter on it.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back