First sub element in checkbox not clickable in chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmendla

Hi, I have a form at http://www.bcsbc.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=138&formid=25&lang=en&view=form

I noticed that if I access the form with Chome (both win 7 and 8) the first sub element of the Grants element is not clickable.. ie hours and attendance. I can click on it and will not get a checkbox.

I noticed that if I tried it in IE, I can click but there ***Seems*** to be a delay.

Checkbox plugin with 3 sub elements. First element is not clickable. I had a duplicate sub element in positions 1 and 2 and deleted the first sub element. It seems that in any case, the I cannot get a check in the first element.

The radio buttons for the dates don't work either.

I'd appreciate any thoughts...

thanks

chris

I played around with the form a bit more. It appears that the first sub element in the checkbox is not clickable in chrome. Likewise, the first radio button is not clickable.

I looked at the code for the checkbox sub elements (view source) and everything appears identical except that the first 0]element is [0]

Code:
<label class="fabrikgrid_Hours (Attendance) and Grades "> <input type="checkbox" class="fabrikinput checkbox" name="ferpa_authorization___grants[0]" value="Hours (Attendance) and Grades"  /><span>Hours (Attendance) and Grades</span> </label>

</li><li style="clear:left;float:left;width:100%;padding:0;margin:0;">

<label class="fabrikgrid_Placement Information "> <input type="checkbox" class="fabrikinput checkbox" name="ferpa_authorization___grants[1]" value="Placement Information"  /><span>Placement Information</span> </label>

</li><li style="clear:left;float:left;width:100%;padding:0;margin:0;">

<label class="fabrikgrid_Other (Please Specify Below) "> <input type="checkbox" class="fabrikinput checkbox" name="ferpa_authorization___grants[2]" value="Other (Please Specify Below)"  />

It's your Joomla template setting a fix fieldset label width:12em (which is greater than lefCol and so overlaying the first checkbox/radio button).
This is also breaking your checkbox texts (even in FF).
Add something like
#form_$c fieldset label {width:auto}
to custom CSS to reset this Joomla template setting.

I use artisteer for my templates. You can insert css code into the template. Their suggestion was, in artisteer, to go into the CSS options and add

Code:
.fabrikGroup label
{
width: auto;
}

That fixed the issue.

Reactions: rob
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.