Fabrik 3.1 Release Candidate ..

VC22

Hello,

I've been postponing for ever the upgrade from my website (J1.5 + Fabrik 2.1 !!), and yes we happily rely on Fabrik to present two distinct features (a calendar with structured detail data for events, and a catalog for a product with about a hundreds of variations - pictures included).
I know J2.5 + Fabrik 3.0 is a good way to go but wonder if it's not better to go straight to J3.1 and Fabrik 3.1 so the question is if there's any outlook for Fabrik 3.1 RC or production release. No compromises on your part but can we expect to see it in around a month or definitively more?
I'm guessing I'll take about 4-6 weeks to set up the new site, so i wouldn't mind starting development with F3.1Beta and releasing new site with F3.1 RC (if safe)

Of course if there'll be a simple upgrade path from F3.0 to F3.1 (not losing implemented Fabrik features) maybe better start with J2.5+F3.0 .. what would you do ;) ?

Best regards and congratulations on the greatest application

Vitor

I read recently that the recommended way to migrate from J 1.5 to J 3.x was to migrate first to J 2.5, so you can safely migrate your site to J 2.5.11 with Fabrik 3.1b (this version works for both J 2.5 and 3.x). Then when everything works, you can then upgrade to J 3.1 with is rather easy coming from 2.5. Your Fabrik install will be up-to-date already.

Hi, thanks for the speedy update (and sorry about taking so long to log back in!)
I'll be following the upgrade path your recomend. The question is when, 1 month has passed and still I have not started! Maybe in the upcoming vacations - sea, sun and sand in the laptop ;)

Regards

PS: still no news (unofficial or not) on 3.1 RC or production

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back