Email form plugin issue

uschmi

I have made a copy of the default pdf form template in order to get an individual output as pdf file. This works great when using the pdf button of the form/display view.

But when using the functionality of the form email plugin, to send a pdf file of the data as attachment, the output of this pdf is just a mess!

Can someone help? This is very important for me to get solved...

Attachments

• Reisekosten-99.pdf
    9.8 KB · Views: 129
I can't replicate (nor recent GitHub nor Fabrik3.4.3).
Are you using a valid details template for the PDF? Try with original bootstrap.

Which exact Fabrik and J! versions?

Joomla 3.5.1
Fabrikar: github as of 2016-06-29
The output of my own template and when using bootstrap template is identical - see attached file.

Attachments

• Reisekosten-100.pdf
    3.5 KB · Views: 206
Is the form you are submitting from using AJAX? So is it from a popup window on a list, or in a content plugin?

-- hugh

OK, I'll test that. What you are seeing in the PDF output is a "raw" format, and it could be that the PDF rendering in the email plugin is inheriting the format of the form submission (AJAX uses &format=raw).

-- hugh

Hmmm, yes, that's the problem. And I can't immediately see a solution. All the various view types (html, raw, pdf, etc) all have the same class (FabrikFormView), which extend the base view class. The assumption is J! is that there will only be one view type being rendered. And the process of submitting the form instantiates the class (in this case as raw, because that's the submission type), which cannot then be re-instantiated as a different type.

I'll put it on the stack of things to work on. But for now, that feature won't work for AJAX submissions.

-- hugh

Thanks for your investigations, hugh! I can confirm this: when not using AJAX, the output is formatted.
But nevertheless, the email plugin do not use the PDF template, but the form template! In order to be really usable, it have to use PDF template.

Are there any plans/idea, when this will be solved?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back