Deprecated methods after PHP7 upgrade

chris.paschen

Chris Paschen
Upgrading to PHP 7 (J3.5) using Fabrik 3.4.3, updated to Github release on 2016-04-05, I am getting:

In the head of the page:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PlgSystemFabrikcron has a deprecated constructor in .../plugins/system/fabrikcron/fabrikcron.php on line 26

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PlgSystemFabrik has a deprecated constructor in .../plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 27

In the top of the 'content' area of the page:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PlgContentFabrik has a deprecated constructor in .../plugins/content/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 23

I've confirmed that both of these files are the ones from the latest github.
(i.e. there wasn't any problem with uploading/file-permission, and the file has been updated.)

Everything works fine with PHP 5.6.x

Any ideas?

Also, when trying to log-in on the admin side I'm getting:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PlgSystemFabrikcron has a deprecated constructor in.../plugins/system/fabrikcron/fabrikcron.php on line 26

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PlgSystemFabrik has a deprecated constructor in.../plugins/system/fabrik/fabrik.php on line 27

And I can't log-in on the admin side.

If I rename the fabrikcron.php file I can then log in.

I've tested on other sites with J3.5/PHP7 and same build of Fabrik from github and can't reproduce those errors there.

This site (with the errors) was created by someone else with lots of 'strange' customizations to things.

Anybody have any idea how they might have customized it so that Fabrik isn't using the installed files that I manually updated from github?

OK ... strange. When error reporting is at Maximum and on PHP7 (and the fabrik plugin enabled), I couldn't log-in.
But after changing back to PHP 5.6.x, changing the reporting level to none, then moving back to PHP 7, I can log-in and all the functionality is working properly.

Well, I don't really understand it, but it's working now. Hope that this helps someone else get out of a similar issue.

BTW ... fabrikcron plugin was enabled on both sites.

Strange...
BTW: you can set Joomla's error reporting level by editing configuration.php (e.g. if you don't have access to your backend)

We're working on a branch (develop) in github which will become 4.0, which will be the first official PHP7 release, and with all the deprecated J! calls fixed.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back