CSV Export returning blank "index.php" file instead of CSV file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabrik: 3.0.6.2
Joomla: 2.5.8

Having troubles with Export to CSV on Form data.

At first it was failing to write, so I enabled the FTP layer and that worked.

But now when it prompts me to download the CSV file, I get a blank (0 byte) index.php file instead. The CSV file is being created in the ~/tmp/ directory, but it's not serving that up for me to download.

Same problem !!
Joomla 2.5.9
Fabric 3.0.6.3
In my local pc (localhost) export to csv file works ok.
On the hosted server export to csv gives index.php empty file, it doesn't export to a csv file.

Any solution found for this problem ?

I've the same problem with the different version of php .....with php 5.2 works fine with 5.3 dont export csv file ... which php version you use?

Thank you Iladu for the response.
In my local pc in phpadmin through XAMPP there are two places which refer to the phpadmin version
One is at phpinfo() where it says 5.3.5 and the other point is at the main page of phpadmin where on the right under the title
phpmyadmin it says >>> Version information: 3.3.9
Which one of the two is the php version ? I am confused.

On the other hand on the hosted server there is no phpinfo() and i can't see which is the version and on the version information place is
Version information: 3.4.11.1
Again here what is the phpadmin version ? I can't see anywhere else the info of the version.

You can see the php version with "Site/System Information".
But PHP 5.3 shouldn't be the problem (it's the minimum version which should be used with Joomla and fabrik).
I assume it's a security/access setting on your server.
Can you see any JS errors (in console or network answer of firebug or Chrome/IE development tool)?

ok ! I found the php versions !

In my local pc where exporting works properly to a csv file >> php version 5.3.5
On the hosted server where exporting gives an empty index.php file instead of a csv file >> php version 5.2.17
So here it seems the other way around , it works in 5.3.5 and it doesn't work in 5.2.17.
It might not probably the php version because i noticed that after export is completed and before i press the download word
i opened filezilla and i was checking if any exported file is written on the temporary directory like it does it locally and i noticed that
no file is written in order to download it. But on the other hand no error is displayed .

Even if it was a security issue on the server, why the name of the file is index.php and not the proper one with csv extension. ???
Does any body know where in fabrik we define the name of the exported csv file and the name of folder in which it is stored ?
In the local pc the csv file is exported properly in the tmp folder under the site's local folder.

Usually the name is your-tablename-export.csv, located in the tmp folder and deleted after download.

But if your server doesn't allow to write to tmp or is redirecting you during the download or anything else ...
Did you check if there's a .htaccess file?

i checked the permissions in tmp folder , it's 755 and i uploaded a file via Filezilla with no problem.
I checked , there is htaccess.txt file not .htaccess.
Could this be a problem ? But in the local it's with the same name and there is no problem.

Filezilla = FTP = owner access.
Did you try to enable Joomla FTP layer?
(or setting tmp to 777, which should be done only for testing)

yes I changed the tmp folder to 777 and i tried to export it but the same .
It might be access problem but what about the name of the file ? >> index.php.
It seems it creates an index.php blank file I don't know where, definetely not in tmp folder and if you click to download it , it downloads it
but it's blank and it's not a csv.
This means that it creates a file somewhere else on the server with the name index.php , not csv.
I would understand to be access problem if the name and the type of the file were correct. But in this case neither the name, nor the type of the file are correct. So I suspect it's not authority problem either.
I really don't know !

Hi,

I created a list which shows some data in the front end.
As i didnt want to show all the data from the "join", i hide some list elements (showing just the ones i wanted).
I also included the "advanced search" option to filter the information (by making queries).
Now when i go to export csv, it shows all the elements from the "join", repeating elements and is not even priting my query, but all the data.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back