CSV Export Doesn't work - Please help

Indrit

Hello, I noticed my sites "CSV Export" button it is not working and it is not downloading anymore the data entered.

The message I get is this:

Export CSV
0 / records.
saving to

The CSV import works okay

Thanks, Indrit

I dont know if I have done this right but here is what I found:

1. A page or script is accessing at least one of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform. Starting in Chrome 101, the amount of information available in the User Agent string will be reduced.

To fix this issue, replace the usage of navigator.userAgent, navigator.appVersion, and navigator.platform with feature detection, progressive enhancement, or migrate to navigator.userAgentData.

Note that for performance reasons, only the first access to one of the properties is shown.
  2. AFFECTED RESOURCES
    1. 1 source
      1. mootools-core.js:1

• Learn more: User-Agent String Reduction

Additionally it is worth mentioning that now when I select an item from my dropdown form (which has cascading connection) i get a small pop=up window saying simply "error" ... I hit OK and it goes away and I am able to save the record. I never had that before. I'm thinking this might be also part of the problem with CSV download issue...

I just want to know what has changed and How can I bring it back to where it was.

Last edited:
Which Joomla, Fabrik and PHP version?
Is it working in the backend?
Did you try with Joomla's Protostar template?

Joomla 3.10.6
Rocktheme template: Akuatik 1.5.0 (the latest)

Can you please take a look?

I mean it was working before, I did not do a thing and now this...

PLEASE?

Thanks, Indrit

How to help if you don't provide that minimum of information you're asked for?

What about this:
Which (...) Fabrik and PHP version?
Is it working in the backend?
Did you try with Joomla's Protostar template?

The page you linked to does not contain anything Fabrik, and more of the site is not accessible.

Fabrik doesn't "change" by itself over night once installed. So, someone/something else must have "done a thing" or two causing things to go wrong.
Any plugins/extensions you installed/updated since? Any "optimizers" at work?
Any custom code that could collide with data entered since?

Sorry, but if you can't or don't want to answer such questions and are not willing or able to debug your site yourself, you best hire & pay someone who can.

I apologize, i thought i provided the info...

I do have the latest Fabrik updated: 3.10
NO, it doesn't work in the backend
NO, it doesn't work with protostar template

I understands something might have happened, i just don't know what I might have changes if that.. i don't recall anything

Yes, I am willing to pay someone who can fix the issues.

BTW.. I activated Joomla Debug System https://www.compass-llc.com/sd/ there are a lot of things I dont know how to fix. any instruction are appreciated

Thanks, Indrit

Last edited:
Hi Indrit, you say you haven't changed anything, but it looks very much as if your PHP version has been updated from 7 to 8. In which case, you'll need to update Fabrik from Github. In particular, a slight change to one line in one file fixes the CSV uploading issue - the change described here https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/3a7ca50281da6654d958223a8d0d137e15d678d0. If you find updating from Github problematical, you could try just editing that one file.

Hello again, My host upgraded my php version to PGP 8.0. Ny joomla site had a waring on my administration page saying that my server is using PHP 7.4.33 which is obsolete and no longer receives official security updates by its developers. The Joomla! Project recommends upgrading your site to PHP 8.0 or later which will receive security updates at least until 2023-11-26

Today, I tried to download/export via "Export to CSV" option and i got nothing, it shows the following

Export CSC
0/records
saving to

I am in need of help. How can I fix this.

Sincerely, Indrit

How? is there a file I need to download to replace my existing csvexport.php ? or it is just change some code within my exiting csvexport.php ?

At Github looks like

Delete this line: $str .= implode($headings, $this->delimiter) . $end_of_line;
Add this line: $str .= implode($this->delimiter, $headings) . $end_of_line;

Thanks, Indrit

Export CSV
0 / records.
saving to
I've also come across this in the past.. after several attempts I realized that the export was blocked by a signature element enable the advanced csv settings and try and make several attempts to make sure it's something that blocks the export

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-01-14-08-59-50-527-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-01-14-08-59-50-527-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg
    342.3 KB · Views: 41
I have just come across the same issue and as I am not at all confident about doing an update from Github I would just like to change that code in the csvexport.php file. Everything else works fine on my site and I do not want to risk having any other problems by updating from Github (even if I got it right which I am not sure I would). However I have done a search for csvexport.php on my domain and the search didn't come up with anything, so can someone please point me to the folder where I would find this file?

OK thanks for the heads up but I would still like to just update that file so can you please tell me where I would find it?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back