Can't find table in database

JackGoa

Weirdest thing, I wanted to edit some data in one of my lists, directly in the database this morning and I simply cannot find the table in the database. All the other tables created through Fabrik are there, except this one. I can see it in Fabrik, it's got data, but it's nowhere to be found in the database when I look at it through phpmyadmin?

Search for the "Database table" name?;)
Do you have multiple databases/Fabrik connections?
What are your settings in list "Data"?

I've searched for it, does not come up :/
Only one connection, 'site database'
Connection: site database
Table: send_guide

It's the weirdest thing. If I look at the #_fabrik_lists table, it's even recorded in there. Data is being recorded, but I can't find the table in the database? Where else would that data be recorded?

Check your connections list, see if you have more than one "site database" (can happen if you transfer our metadata tables to another site).

-- hugh

I don?t! That was the first thing I thought of too. Can't seem to figure it out. I don't understand where the data is recorded if there is no table for it?

bj?rn
- on tapatalk

where the data is recorded if there is no table for it
Pretty sure there is...
Is your Fabrik connection pointing to the correct database?

If you e.g. have copied your site the Fabrik connection is still pointing to the "old" database, you always must open/check params/re-save.

If the old database is on the same server as the new one the connection params are still valid and you won't get an error message (as long as this doesn't create cross joining etc.) but Fabrik will use the old database for data tables (not for Fabrik core tables, these are in the current Joomla database).

Ah Sh$%! Even though there is only the one connection, when I opened it now, it was still setup to use the database on the testing server! Thanks Troester, I never thought to open it and check what it was set to.

Ok, so now what? How do I get all that data into the main database? I can just export the fabrik tables from the old database, and import them into the same tables in the new database, right? The Joomla stuff is obviously all in the new database?

I feel like such a dufus now!!! Such a simple thing.

:oops::(

export the fabrik tables from the old database
No, all Fabrik meta data should be ok in the new database (#_fabrik_list/group/elements...).
Only the tables containing the "user" data.
So copy 'send_guide', replace other data tables with the one from the "old" database

Ok so I've got 4 lists. I export each table/list from the old database and import it to the same table in the new db?

bj?rn
- on tapatalk

Thanks Hugh. I've been sitting with this thread open all day, and still haven't had a chance to get around to doing this! :p

I've utterly had it with Fabrik now. After breaking after virtually every Joomla update, it just nixed all my legal data. Done. Moving to Breezing.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back