Basics of a 'sort by' box

jh

Hi

I wanted to attempt a 'sort by' box at the top of a list. This would be of the drop-down type where for example show by A to Z, Z to A, Newest, Oldest etc could be chosen and the list sorted.

I believe this can be done by filters at the top of the list however I wanted a seperate box. Could someone kindly advise as to the basic structure for this (I think a search form of some kind?)

Kind Regards

yes, a form not recording to DB with a redirect plugin to your list with URL params created from your form element placeholders (e.g you may set the dropdown values )
&orderby=table___element&orderdir=desc

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Thank you! Seems to be working great. Could I kindly ask the following:

1. How to make the form submit on change (i.e. no need to press save/submit)
2. The best way to place this form/box above a list (I have tried eg. {fabrik view=form id=x} but thought there might be a better way?

Many thanks for your help.

1. I think you can add JS to the element to submit on change, there should be a thread somewhere.

2. Content plugin should be ok.

Reactions: jh
Is there a way that related data counts can be searched in a list in a similar way?
For example, if a row in list A is related to list B (dbjoin) X amount of times, can list A be searched to show which row is most related to list B?
Hope that makes sense!

Many thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back