• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

asking everybody for multilanguage advices

enzo2016

Hi, please somebody who has experience in multilanguage with fabrik could share his strategy for the multilanguage?

Thanks,
Enzo

Yes: I have read them. I hoped to manage the multilingual in phpmyadmin through a csv file (including the translations). I don't know if it could be possible.
Thanks Sophist.

Thanks so much, I have tried the following procedure (for the labels of the elements):
1) go to the label element and change it with: 'FABRIK_LABEL_THIS_IS_MY_LABEL_TEXT'

2) Go to Extensions->language
Select overrides
Press new
In the "language constant" field enter FABRIK_LABEL_THIS_IS_MY_LABEL_TEXT
Then in the box below translated "This is my label text"

This procedure is not enough to see the translation because the appearing label in frontend is: 'FABRIK_LABEL_THIS_IS_MY_LABEL_TEXT'
Where is my mistake?

Thanks,
Enzo

P.S.: The content of the override.ini file seems ok.

Did you apply the override to frontend, backend or both?

1) go to the label element and change it with: 'FABRIK_LABEL_THIS_IS_MY_LABEL_TEXT'

Did you include those single quotes in the label? If so, remove them.

-- hugh

Really wonderful!
I applied the override to frontend, but that's ok. The only made change was to delete the quotes from the label field as you adviced and it works ok.
Thanks so much Hugh.

Enzo

I am writing this post here only because it's an effect (consequence) of the change of the labels in order to make multilanguage.
I have changed really many labels content and I would be sure they're correct because I pasted them (not typed, so no error coming from typing).
It seems that only a page in frontend returns "500 Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list...<br/>".
How can the label content influence this error? How could I solve?

Thanks,
Enzo

Labels wouldn't cause that.

Maybe you changed something else while saving elements. For example, check that any join elements still have the table, value and labels options set, etc.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh, the problem was exactlly a databasejoin without Value and Label into the Data tab of the join.

-- Enzo

P.S.: For users who will choose the first method proposed in the Wiki about the Override of Labels: I have noticed that it's possible to spare time by working on the override.ini file instead that on the Menu of Joomla about the Language override because any change it's made on the file override.ini is automatically made also on the joomla menu "Language override". So if somebody would like to translate the content in many languages can simply copy and paste the content of the override.ini file into other override files correspondent to the wanted language. Therefore no need to create single "items" in the menu Language override... it's likely to be useful to make the first "item" with the Joomla menu "Language override" in order to know the syntax used into the override.ini.

Is possible to override the Related data? If not, is possible to avoid to double the list in order to translate the Related data?

About the databasejoin translation, please can you write a real example of the code:
Code:
(SELECT label_table.label from label_table WHERE label_table.fk_field = {thistable}.id AND label_table.language_field = '{lang}'),''
where: "library" is the special table including the translated labels; "book" is the element collecting the translated labels; "language" is the field element including en (which is the code for the language). I tried different alternatives, but none of them works.

Thanks,
Enzo

About the code for the databasejoin, the example code is:
Code:
(SELECT library.book from library WHERE library.book = {thistable}.id AND library.language = '{lang}')
This code doesn't return error, but the databasejoin in frontend is empty.
The language field contains something like: en, it, fr (without quotes).
Why is the databasejoin empty?
About the related data, if not possible to override the text, would it be possible to have an image instead of text as label of the related data?

Thanks,
Enzo

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back