Another SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected character

Status
Not open for further replies.

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
Running fabrik 3.1RC2 and updated github as a moment ago, recieving this error on form submission. Originally thought it was the redirect but I removed that plugin and it is still happening.

Form uses juser plugin to create a user and that part succeeds, the user is created, but then I get the error.

Access site with mysite: FIM test. You can enter a name and email address and submit to see the results.

IP address of test site valid until ISP dhcp renewal (don't know when that will be).

I just knew that the day I flew home would be the day someone had a chance to look at this. The VM I had up for this was down all day while I traveled. It is now back up and can be accessed using the new URL in my sites.

Thanks Rob.

still no joy with the dnsalias.com address though - I can't access the site

OK, try it now. I had changed the IP address of the virtual machine to a fixed IP that was port forwarded already by the router. This would enable me to route the traffic without having to change the router config. Problem was the router still thought the VM mac address belonged to a dhcp provided IP so it would not route the request properly/

At any rate, http and ssh should now route correctly.

It's warnings being pitched by a component called 'angkor'. The warnings are being thrown by their system plugin, so are being output in the JSON response being sent back to the browser after our AJAX submission. That breaks Javascript when it attempts to decode the JSON.

NOTE - you have your error reporting set to "Developer", which means you get "strict" warnings from PHP. That really isn't necessary, unless you are actually developing software. However, even dropping the level back to Maximum would still get those Notices. So you'll either need to drop error reporting back to "Simple" (errors only), or disable that 'angkor' plugin, or have them fix the problems with it.

Code:
Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/plugins/system/angkor/angkor.php on line 113

Strict Standards: Non-static method angkor_Helper::parsingEmailCSS() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/plugins/system/angkor/angkor.php on line 118

Notice: Undefined property: angkorMailer::$embed_image in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/plugins/system/angkor/angkor.php on line 118

Strict Standards: Non-static method angkor_Helper::getCSS() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/administrator/components/com_angkor/helper/helper.php on line 457

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/administrator/components/com_angkor/helper/helper.php on line 458

Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 5 in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/administrator/components/com_angkor/helper/emogrifier/emogrifier.php on line 112

Warning: DOMDocument::loadHTML(): htmlParseEntityRef: expecting ';' in Entity, line: 5 in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/administrator/components/com_angkor/helper/emogrifier/emogrifier.php on line 112

Strict Standards: Non-static method angkor_Helper::convertBodyImage_Href() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/administrator/components/com_angkor/helper/helper.php on line 466

Notice: Undefined property: angkorMailer::$embed_image in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/plugins/system/angkor/angkor.php on line 120

Strict Standards: Non-static method angkor_Helper::getAltBody() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /xxx/joomla/htdocs/plugins/system/angkor/angkor.php on line 123

Whenever you see one of those JSON parse errors, it means something is throwing error logging into a JSON response to an AJAX call. The way to find out what it is, is run Firebug in Firefox, open the Console tab, and you'll see a "POST" line appear when the AJAX fires off. Open that up, and look at the "Response" tab. You'll see the errors being tossed by the server there, which will almost always give you the clue you need as to which plugin is puking up.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back