About print function [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofc_fro

I have two questions:

1. After filtering a list, I would like to print the result, adding also the company logo in the header of the sheet, is it possible?

2. I select a record and I want to print a custom text using the 'name' field of the record. Eg.: Buy this album {record name}. How can I do?

1 - don't think this is possible with the "Print" button. You could probably do it with a PDF, using a custom template.

2 - what do you mean by "print a custom text"? Are you talking about the Print button?

-- hugh

Yes, I wanted to create a PDF to print :) how can I create a PDF with customized text? Example: I have a record with the fields: ID, name, address, phone. I select this record and I want to create a PDF with the logo of my company, a text, and the address of the record. Eg. Hello, we go to you tomorrow at $address

Ok, I installed it! :)
however I have this situation:
in the list where I also added the viz map, I have this error: 404 "View not found [name, type, prefix]: googlemap, pdf, fabrikView",
in the list where I do not have the map, a PDF is created that has only a few gray lines

I would simply like a simple print of the list with some fields (which I would like to decide), a header for the logo and a footer. I do not care to print the map or anything else.

The guide refers to version 3.1 and now we are at version 3.8. Reading the various forums there is a lot of confusion about this function. Is it possible to have an updated and simple guide? I believe it is useful to know how to generate a pdf that prints the filtered list.
E.g.
I have a simple list with ID, name, phone. What is the procedure for printing this list?

Last edited:
Which guide refers to 3.1?

Steps:
Install the Fabrik library
In list settings "Layout" set "PDF icon" = show
Select one of the list's layouts as PDF template (for creating a custom PDF template see the links in post #4), select papersize and orientation
Filter your list, click PDF

ok, I read your guides and I did all these steps, but the result is a white page with gray lines. I installed fabrik on different versions of joomla but the result is the same :(
problem.jpg

PS. is there a function to print?

Last edited:
Ok thanks :)
I made a new installation of Joomla with the fabrik library, now no error is generated, however the pdf that is generated has errors on the css because the rows are overlaid. Instead if my list has a viz map, the PDF is not generated and I have an error. However I entered the site in the link you kindly gave me.

From the other thread
... although all you have to do to get it working again is just delete that file:

libraries/fabrik/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/lib/fonts/dompdf_font_family_cache.php

... and just leave dompdf_font_family_cache.dist.php, which is the out-of-box fonts shipped with DOMPDF.
I deleted (not really, only renamed) this file.

Ah okay, how can I solve this last error? :)
In the PDF I would like the list without the map, while in the list I need the map.
Is it possible to "hide" the code of the map when creating the PDF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back