a little help please

Racmitch

I have installed fabrik on a joomla 2.5.17 test site for now, it will be installed on the real production site once i figure it out more. So far everything works as described, but I need some help understanding one part. I am making a Course Study site were the text asked you to list opinion answers in the chapter, for this i am using a fabrik list with a text area element, I have gotten the form to work correctly, and embedded it in the article(chapter) using the view list + list ID syntax, It's in the ACL permissions area where I'm having trouble understanding how it works, I have followed the tutorials and have gotten the list to show to just registered users and only editable to the record owner, however it allows all registered users to see all lists, what i need it to do is to only show the record to the record owner, editable only by the record owner. I created a pre-filter as described in the tutorials to only allow owner access "or" nobody(see attached) and also set standard permissions using "special" or User which I set up an element for. How do i make this list view on the front end only visible to the owner of each list they create?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 9.07.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-23 at 9.07.50 AM.png
    28.3 KB · Views: 356
Which tutorials are you referring to?
A lot of them are old, showing Joomla1.5/Fabrik2. A lot of them are still sufficent to show the principles of Fabrik, but the ones showing anything related to ACL aren't: ACL has changed dramatically between Joomla1.5 and 2.5.

So see the WIKI for recent documentation.
To show records only to their "owners" add a prefilter
WHERE user EQUALS {$my->id}
Type=text, apply to Public

If "specials" should be able to see all records add a 2nd prefilter with "OR"
WHERE id GREATER THAN 0 (or any condition which is always true)
Type=text, apply to Special

http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/pre-filters/
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/prefilters-for-front-end-users-only/

Yea, the video tutorials farther down the list are older and the one I watched pertaining to a more detailed description of the ACL was a Jom 1.5 , where lists where "tables" I was trying to make a comparison or close to that and J 2.5 ...I know at one point in that tut it was describing a pre-filter "where" 29 was "everybody" and then it said where 20(one time) and 30 (the next where used) was "nobody" figuring one was a typo i tried both. thanks for your help, let me see how your help works.

Troester, sir, thank you very much, looks like it worked like a charm, now I have to duplicate it 20 more times with different titles...lol.....you rock!!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back