• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

eMail List Plugin strange behaviour on frontend ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms_mitschs

Hello Forum,
I'm pretty new to fabrik, but not to Joomla, Programming and database design. So I managed a lot of stuff incuding integrating special functions through creating views. Most of the stuff I made works like a charm and I am astonished about the overall functionality of this great component. Without it I have to hire a Joomla programmer to implement my needed functions. Im using fabrik 3.8.1 with pretty fresh github updates on a J! 3.8.8 ... caches cleared multiple times, Theme is Purity III 1.2.2 and there is only a small css addition in custom.css to embed a multimedia stream in an iframe ... so nothing really special :)

Now my question(s):
I've made a list and added the email-list-plugin. On the backend I can select entries from the list and send them as email. I even figured it out how to change the the preamble and postamble to my needs, I changed the sample.php to my needs, all works like a charm on the backend.

But ... on the frontend it does not work. Neither as a list-module with a location nor embedded in an article. I can select entries from the list and then click on one of the email buttons and then there will be a popup and it only shows ... loading ... with the AJAX spinner. This happens on firefox. Using chrome or Edge there will be a popup message ... message from site: "please select records" (or similar) ... I'm using Purity III with installed Fabrik-Joomla-alt-layouts-master in the appropriate paths.

I think I changed any setting combination within the list module and/or article one can imagine. Any idea, what might be wrong within template, configuration of fabrik, module, aricle, list, plugin??

Any help and suggestion is much appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Sven

Hello Hugh,
just tested it ... unfortunately to no avail. Its still showing ...loading, and nothing happens. Any other idea what should/must be changed to get it work??

Thanks.
Sven

Is it working with the standard Protostar template?

In your browser dev console:
Can you see JS errors "Console" tab?
Check the network response (Network" tab) for error messages/warnings/notices. If a response in JSON format is expected this will break form handling.

Ok. Will provide you with admin account via pm.

here are some results in access.log of server ...
from backend:
xxx.75.149.8 - - [17/Jun/2018:22:15:25 +0200] "POST /administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&controller=list.email&tmpl=component&ajax=1&id=22&renderOrder=0&format=partial&ids[]=1&checkAll=0&task=popupwin HTTP/1.1" 200 3511 "https://testbed.xxxx-fr.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=22" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0"
xxx.75.149.8 - - [17/Jun/2018:22:15:26 +0200] "GET /media/com_fabrik/js/lib/require/require.js HTTP/1.1" 200 6765 "https://testbed.xxxx-fr.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=list.view&listid=22" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0"

From frontend:
xxx.75.149.8 - - [17/Jun/2018:22:07:31 +0200] "POST /admin-functions/send-email-to-infringers/list/22?controller=list.email&tmpl=component&ajax=1&renderOrder=0&format=partial&ids[]=1&checkAll=0&task=popupwin HTTP/1.1" 500 2272 "https://testbed.xxxx-fr.com/admin-functions/send-email-to-infringers" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0"

Thats the interesting part of Web-Console in Firefox:
XHRPOSThttps://testbed.xxxx-fr.com/admin-functions/send-email-to-infringers/list/22?controller=list.email&tmpl=component&ajax=1&renderOrder=0&format=partial&ids[]=1&checkAll=1&task=popupwin[HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error 436ms]

These are the detail informations:
Cache-Control
no-cache
Connection
close
Content-Type
text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date
Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:22:56 GMT
Pragma
no-cache
Server
Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)
Strict-Transport-Security
max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload
Transfer-Encoding
chunked
Request header (992 B)
Accept
*/*
Accept-Encoding
gzip, deflate, br
Accept-Language
de-DE,de;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
Cache-Control
no-cache
Connection
keep-alive
Content-Length
Content-Type
application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=UTF-8
Cookie
__stripe_mid=a11cd557-0646-4ff?12=dn0atq6nunm38kbo7hgbjtmca3
DNT
Host
testbed.xxxx-fr.com
Pragma
no-cache
Referer
https://testbed.xxxx-fr.com/ad?tions/send-email-to-infringers
User-Agent
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; ?) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0
X-Requested-With
XMLHttpRequest

Parameters:
Searchstring
ajax 1
checkAll 1
controller list.email
format partial
ids[] 1
renderOrder 0
task popupwin
tmpl component
Formulardata
fabrik_window_id email-list-plugin

Reply:
500 - Fabrik has generated an incorrect query for the list : <br />

And finally in console shows up the following warning when ticking a checkbox:
empty string transferred to getElementById().

Deleting records by ticking the checkbox works normal ....

Probably this helps to solve the problems ... if there is still a need to access the site to do the debugging, then give me a sign and I will be happy to let you in :)

Greets
Sven

Ohhh ... and I just saw that i posted to the wrong Forum ... If possible it would be great if the post gets move to the right place :)

Hi - I'm having the same problem with the email list plugin just showing the pop up and loading spinner but not loading. This was working fine but not sure if it has since last git update. Any solution?
Cheers

Yess ... works like a charm ... great work and thanks for the update :)

Keep up that really brilliant work, and I will definately pay for pro support when I started my site and earn money with it ... promise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back