• Hello Fabrik Community

Fabrik is now in the hands of the development team that brought you Fabrik for Joomla 4. We have recently transitioned the Fabrik site over to a new server and are busy trying to clean it up. We have upgraded the site to Joomla 4 and are running the latest version of Fabrik 4. We have also upgraded the Xenforo forum software to the latest version. Many of the widgets you might have been used to on the forum are no longer operational, many abandoned by the developers. We hope to bring back some of the important ones as we have time.

Exciting times to be sure.

The Fabrik 4.0 Official release is now available. In addition, the Fabrik codebase is now available in a public repository. See the notices about these in the announcements section

We wish to shout out a very big Thank You to all of you who have made donations. They have really helped. But we can always use more...wink..wink..

Also a big Thank You to those of you who have been assisting others in the forum. This takes a very big burden off of us as we work on bugs, the website and the future of Fabrik.

Recent content by Bren

1. B

How to add a guided tour / help for new users

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I tried it in the label and it works! Looks great with the opacity feature, in Easy Tour, off. If I turn it on then only the label is highlighted. I guess I’ll have to do a custom form template if I want to use the opacity feature. Thanks again, guys.
  2. B

I'm testing out the Easy Tour extension now. Looks pretty cool, at least on the backend component / plugin. Basically you can create and manage multiple tours. To apply them to a page, you need to add something like the following to the top of a page, which I've added to the Intro of a Fabrik...
  3. B

Hi louseyfool. Yes, I was looking at these, too. I'm interested in Easy Tour at https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/miscellaneous/tutorials/easy-tour/ . Wondering if anyone's used it with Fabrik. I'll try it out and share. Thanks
  4. B

Hello all. I'd like to add a guided tour / help for new users (with also an option to be reminded by clicking a help button on a page. Something like Bootstro.js. Has anyone added anything like that to their Joomla / Fabrik sites before and, if so, could you share what you used, with...
  5. B

How to change Drop down element to read only after the elements value changes

Hi achartier. Yes, I was wondering if this could be done with JavaScript. I’ll give it a try.
  6. B

Hi juuser. Yes, I could see that working if these were new records / rows (I do similar by setting other elements to Super User on edit), but not this time. Sorry, I should have mentioned that the first time. In this case these are always existing records / rows. I’ve got a review process...
  7. B

Hello all. I have a form where a user will make a change to a drop down element, hit submit and then if the user revisits the record, I need this same element to then be read only. How do I make a Drop down element become read only after the elements value changes? Thanks in advance.
  8. B

New Logging function?

Cool. Thank you, Troester. I appreciate it.
  9. B

New Logging function?

Hi guys. So, does anyone have any info, or a link, to share about the new logging function that the latest Fabrik update lists as a new feature? I haven’t found anything about it, yet. Thanks in advance.
  10. B

Cascade dropdown - has a repeat table in between from a multi-select DB Join

Well, it took a lot of experimentation, but I finally figured out a work around that made this work in actually a much simpler way. I added the the hidden repeat list to the Fabrik lists (with a note to not alter this table). Next I adjusted the CCD Data tab > List to this, now available to...
  11. B

Ok, I slept on it and I’m still stuck on the SQL statement. I keep thinking that I need to include the watch element value into the SQL statement, as I’m trying to filter down which user has access to the selected condo in the 1st dbjoin dropdown. Is it possible to include the watch element...
  12. B

Thanks for the suggestion juuser. I appreciate it. I see how this could work. I'm a bit stuck on the SQL statement, as I'm wondering how the foreign key on the watch tab would work with this. I think I need to sleep on this and come back to it tomorrow. Thanks, again.
  13. B

I was hoping someone had an idea on this one. I’m right at the finish of a project and this one has me stumped. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  14. B

Friendly bump. Thanks in advance.
  15. B

Hello all. I'm trying to add a cascading dropdown that has a Foreign Key, on the Watch tab, that somehow needs to pass through a repeat table, in between, from a multi-select DB Join. Man, this ones a hard one to explain... Maybe it's easier to explain the application. I have a Condo Unit #...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back